Video Looking for a '32' LCD TV

var89 said:
Hitachi is also looking good. S-IPS panels.

AFAIK hitachi uses AIPS panel.better then that is toshiba their tvs have good image processing,and their future models will have image processing powered by a cell processor,upscaling to resolutions far more then 1080p resolutions.:)

adder said:
AFAIK hitachi uses AIPS panel.better then that is toshiba their tvs have good image processing,and their future models will have image processing powered by a cell processor,upscaling to resolutions far more then 1080p resolutions.:)

check this link. In brochure its specified S-IPS panels.
Hitachi Singapore

Well if u need a practical input, i am for one can say, you can BUY SAMUNG 6 series 32" LCD.. its by far the best in terms of Color reproduction and Contrast ratio.. as per the GUY at the Showroom he says " it comes with Dyamic contrast ratio of 50000:1" and he quotes that the PANEL used is S-PVA. i didnt do much of research prior to purchasing it, i just went by the advertised features and an eye to eye comparison of all brands in this category.. i have to admit, i have been blown away by samsung's overall quality interms of color reproduction and contrast and good viewing angle. if u can make a trip to EZONE or Next or for that matter any good electronics shop, you can compare all the models and take a call for yourself.. i will briefly list all the features of my LCD...

1) PANEL ---- SPVA ----- Advertised (Ultra Clear Panel) ---- (has Clear View panel instead.. (According to lot of websites that i browsed for info))

2) Contrast Ratio ----- Advertised 50000:1 ----- (15000:1 (According to lot of websites that i browsed for info), The package came with a rebadged 50000:1 contrast ratio)

3) FULL HD 1080P

4) NO Motion BLUR technology (it doesn't come with 100Hz by default (its 60Hz according to some websites), 100hz is advertised for 40" and above)

5) Response time ---- 5ms (Not bad for gaming i beleive...)

here you go, if you want to check out FULL Specs..

LA32A650A1 LCD TV - television SAMSUNG

I bought into the idea of owning this after hearing the specs for 6 series LCD.. but i am really disappointed that the 32" inch model doesn't posses all the specs listed for 6 series.. but still i would not regret the decision i made to buy this TV.. its amazing :)

PM me if u need any further info on this....

cheers,

Jay

^well the actual ANSI contrast of series 6 is around 2300 ,which is still far more then what IPS based tv are capable.series 6 is good ,but some like me may not like the glossy panel ,which can cause glare if ur viewing room as lots of light.

hi man can u help me too ? i already have popcorn hour and wanna buy lcd and my budget is 60k !

could you please suggest me the best lcd/plasma ? the main purpose is HD movies and secondary purpose is gaming.

//thanks

VOiLA said:
hi man can u help me too ? i already have popcorn hour and wanna buy lcd and my budget is 60k !

could you please suggest me the best lcd/plasma ? the main purpose is HD movies and secondary purpose is gaming.

//thanks

since u are going to watch HD movies and do gaming a samsung series 5 FHD lcd will be great,last month it used cost about 57k along with airtel DTH.
if u dont mind buying in grey market u can go a S or V series sony,they have a slightly more contrast advantage and slightly lesser input lag compared to samsung,they also have a NON glossy panel which is good.

vb86 said:
or a 5 series sammy 40" lcd.

I did have a hard time deciding whether i should opt for 5 or 6 series.. the one very striking difference between the two LCD are that the latter has more natural color reproduction and the 5 series does churn out color with yellowish dominance which kind of kept me off from buying the same.. i would certainly wouldn't recommend against buying the same because its the best value for money at the moment.. but if u r flexible enough to notch up your spending by a bit.. i would presume you are better off with the 6 series... end of rant... :)

cheers,
Jay

the 6 series 40" sammy costs much more. it also has a glossy screen. yes, overall, it is a much better tv, but its not in your bugdet. the 5 series on the other hand, will fit perfectly. a grey mkt 40" v series sony will cost round abt the same.

thanks a lot for that very intresting and detailed information.
I'm looking at more options now.

jaykishankrk said:
Well if u need a practical input, i am for one can say, you can BUY SAMUNG 6 series 32" LCD.. its by far the best in terms of Color reproduction and Contrast ratio.. as per the GUY at the Showroom he says " it comes with Dyamic contrast ratio of 50000:1" and he quotes that the PANEL used is S-PVA. i didnt do much of research prior to purchasing it, i just went by the advertised features and an eye to eye comparison of all brands in this category.. i have to admit, i have been blown away by samsung's overall quality interms of color reproduction and contrast and good viewing angle. if u can make a trip to EZONE or Next or for that matter any good electronics shop, you can compare all the models and take a call for yourself.. i will briefly list all the features of my LCD...

1) PANEL ---- SPVA ----- Advertised (Ultra Clear Panel) ---- (has Clear View panel instead.. (According to lot of websites that i browsed for info))

2) Contrast Ratio ----- Advertised 50000:1 ----- (15000:1 (According to lot of websites that i browsed for info), The package came with a rebadged 50000:1 contrast ratio)

3) FULL HD 1080P

4) NO Motion BLUR technology (it doesn't come with 100Hz by default (its 60Hz according to some websites), 100hz is advertised for 40" and above)

5) Response time ---- 5ms (Not bad for gaming i beleive...)

here you go, if you want to check out FULL Specs..

LA32A650A1 LCD TV - television SAMSUNG

I bought into the idea of owning this after hearing the specs for 6 series LCD.. but i am really disappointed that the 32" inch model doesn't posses all the specs listed for 6 series.. but still i would not regret the decision i made to buy this TV.. its amazing :)

PM me if u need any further info on this....

cheers,
Jay

connect a seperate digital out cable from pc to the digital in of the speakers

check sangram's guide on using ur onboard digital out for this purpose

well i think most probably i'll dump panasonic/hitachi ips alpha panel for sony/samsung s-pva.

will take some demos tomorrow.

Back