Video Looking for a '32' LCD TV

var89 said:
in one of the earlier post i got that panasonic has a pretty low contrast ratio.

yep the sony have more contrast then panasonic check out the reviews.the advantage panasonic have is its cheap to buy,way cheaper compared to sony.

sony is exceeding by budget by 7000.

adder said:
yep the sony have more contrast then panasonic check out the reviews.the advantage panasonic have is its cheap to buy,way cheaper compared to sony.

samsung 6 series is exact 50k. saves me around 7k..is there some way i can check whether its CMO or S panel from the box.

adder said:
well even the sony S and V series have atleast about 50% more contrast then panasonic and other lcds of IPS origin.

sony on its website writes a 10 bit panel in summary then writes 8 bit in the specifications. ?? why ?.

var89 said:
samsung 6 series is exact 50k. saves me around 7k..is there some way i can check whether its CMO or S panel from the box.

For normal purpose choose TN (Twisted Nematic) panels. They are cheap and gives good response time. If you want to play games or watch any fast paced animation these are the best. But not good in color reproduction.

VA (Vertical Alignment, S-PVA/MVA ) are mid range LCD panels. They give good quality picture but gives slower response times. They are costly compared to TN panels.

IPS (In Plane Switching, S-IPS/H-IPS ) panels are good for color reproduction. But these are the slowest panels of all types. If you want to play games don't buy these LCD panels. These are costly compared to other LCD s.

Decide based on your budget and purpose.

var89 said:
sony on its website writes a 10 bit panel in summary then writes 8 bit in the specifications. ?? why ?.

well only the 40inch and above have a 10bit panel,the 32inch has a 8bit panel,the 40inch and above be it of any company are 10bit panel(8bit+dithering).

var89 said:
is there some way i can check samsung panels whether its CMO or S panel from the box.

no u cant earlier versions had the letters C,S on the sticker located back of the tv but samsung removed that from 2008 and above models.but series 6 will mostly have a S panel being a premium series.

yup, specs on paper doesnt mean shit, jus go to a store and check em out personally as i said, only then will u be able to have a say

and the above post made by jaishanker is rubbish

the reason TN panel claim fast response time is because of the fact that its Grey to Grey, anyway, this thing is dealt to death on the forums already so I wont go posting this panel is better than that but if you are curious, do a search and ull get the information

TechHead said:
^8 bit, 10 bit means jack.Contrast ratios? Some mention static, some mention dynamic, some mention ANSI contrast.. it's a clusterfu*k. Just go audition the TVs, you'll like the Panny and Samsung units.
The Contrast Ratio Game: Playing with Numbers

true, colors difference are just marketing,even the best of the critics and pro reviewers can never tell the difference.

contrast well its a different story most of the manufactures quote the dynamic contrast ,only sony AFAIK says the maximum static contrast as well as the dynamic contrast.
companies like LG,panasonic which use a A or S-IPS panel u can clearly see the lack of contrast very less detail in dark areas,compared to a samsung or sony.
but yes there is no substitute to seeing them urself.

adder said:
true, colors difference are just marketing,even the best of the critics and pro reviewers can never tell the difference.

contrast well its a different story most of the manufactures quote the dynamic contrast ,only sony AFAIK says the maximum static contrast as well as the dynamic contrast.
companies like LG,panasonic which use a A or S-IPS panel u can clearly see the lack of contrast very less detail in dark areas,compared to a samsung or sony.
but yes there is no substitute to seeing them urself.

What? Lack of contrast in dark areas, using an S-IPS panel? Dude, have you ever even seen an S-IPS panel in action? I have both at home, and the S-IPS panels definitely show better contrast and more accurate colours!

oh, now u have me in splits. :S
TechHead said:
What? Lack of contrast in dark areas, using an S-IPS panel? Dude, have you ever even seen an S-IPS panel in action? I have both at home, and the S-IPS panels definitely show better contrast and more accurate colours!

TechHead said:
Just go see the TVs man.

And make sure to take a laptop with hdmi. Do not make your decision based on whatever crap they're playing instore. They use component or even composite connections :p

TechHead said:

yes i know u have a FHD philips tv and well yes i have seen S-IPS and A-IPS tvs and that is why i am saying it.and i dont agree with S-IPS showing more contrast then a SPVA from what i have seen details in shadow region is lesser compared to SPVA ,and AIPS based panasonic fare a little better then SIPS .although i agree with the colors part .

@all..

i have a budget of 30k.. i need a LCD tv for gaming is a 32" available in that??... HD ready be enuff.. ie 720p and 1080i...

@OP..

sorry if i hijacked the thread mate...

jerin said:
@all..

i have a budget of 30k.. i need a LCD tv for gaming is a 32" available in that??... HD ready be enuff.. ie 720p and 1080i...

@OP..

sorry if i hijacked the thread mate...

well for ur budget get urself a panasonic 32lx80 costs about 31k.

Back