Looking for a backpack with good organization compartments

anand_mayank

Disciple
I have been looking for a backpack which can carry my laptop and some books + clothes, as I don't travel a lot, but love a good compartments bags

I have considered :

Mokobara : https://mokobara.com/products/the-overnighter-backpack?variant=40218388496454 (but lack of any original review makes me a little sceptic, almost all the reviews look like marketing) , but they look sooo good,

Harrsions : https://www.amazon.in/dp/B0716NSXGL...69dbf904645c2&language=en_IN&ref_=as_li_ss_tl

If you could help me with your experience or maybe your day to day use backpacks , that would be great for me to make an informed decision.

The above links are compact bags for a short trip for max 2 days.

I bought a local backpack from a local mega bag store 10-12yrs ago still going strong...non-branded though.
Can carry laptop and clothing for 7 days. But once its full to its capacity then becomes heavy but given the adjustable straps it can be adjusted for a firm load balance and grip.
Usually travel by bus and sometimes train so not much of an hassle once it sits in its place.

I'm also looking for a new one to make her rest for occasional usage hereon but I will always prefer to buy a bag offline as one gets to know the exact space and load it can carry and the stitch quality etc. along wth other features and factors.

I always wished to buy this backpack from Mark Ryden. But now we can't order it. :confused:

There's nothing quite like it AFAIK.

While searching for you I just found out that this brand has indian website too. Maybe it was recently launched.

The above links are compact bags for a short trip for max 2 days.

I bought a local backpack from a local mega bag store 10-12yrs ago still going strong...non-branded though.
Can carry laptop and clothing for 7 days. But once its full to its capacity then becomes heavy but given the adjustable straps it can be adjusted for a firm load balance and grip.
Usually travel by bus and sometimes train so not much of an hassle once it sits in its place.

I'm also looking for a new one to make her rest for occasional usage hereon but I will always prefer to buy a bag offline as one gets to know the exact space and load it can carry and the stitch quality etc. along wth other features and factors.
I would love to get an offline one, right now I am back to hometown so going to check one nearby, however back in the school days the stitch quality was really bad, but yeah will try going to some local mega store.

4753.13Rs. 27% OFF|Mark Ryden Man Backpack Fit 17 Inch Laptop Usb Charging Multi-layer Spa

This looks what I would fantasize when I was in school to have.

For laptop+clothes. Stick to the minimum of 30ltrs. However, you’ll find this a bit large for everyday commute on public transport.

Second, opt for rip stop nylon/fabric. Most bags you see from big brands are just plain polyester material that won’t last long. Some of those Ali express brands are on Amazon. Too many gimmicky features, bad organisation pockets, and thin material.

Good to have, bright interiors, offload mechanism, waist and chest belt to get that weight distribution right and you don’t lug around.

With all that in mind, I would suggest Carbonado commuter 30. Be mindful, it does not have a proper offload mechanism, this is usually seen on larger 40ltr packs.

I purchased one from this site

I recently got this one (Arctic Hunter backpack) and I love it. Been looking for something like this (with good make) for a long time.

+ Convertible, which I've been looking for a while. You can lay it flat and open the main compartment out whole- which is great if you want to have quick access to all of your luggage at once. You can also extend the capacity of that compartment using the extending zipper thing, which makes it fantastic for short travel.
+ Compact, spacious and lightweight for the features
+ Stow away the straps and it becomes a briefcase form factor. So I sometimes use this as a flexible secondary bag during travel, with a dedicated laptop backpack as the primary one. I wish the side handle was a bit more centered, width wise as it becomes unbalanced if you use the bag like this in extended capacity.
+ Great zips (protected), materials and make- main material used is also water proof (I still use a rain cover)
+ Plently of different sized pockets with a permutation of padding, zippers and good meshes, in both compartments
+ Tablet slot
+ Keychain holder with a quick remove strap- always great to have these in a handy location
+ Great looks, but super subjective as some don't think so
+ Great pricing

- Major downside- no water bottle pocket! This is quite annoying and as of now I just got myself a bottle with a carabiner lid and hooked it to the side handle of the bag.
- The laptop compartment is a bit excessively protected, so one handed insertion / removal isn't easy.

I had a bag from High Sierra.. was one of the most durable and useful bag i had used for over 5 years.. looking to replace it but can't find any place sellig high sierra bags.

Back