PC Peripherals Looking for a cabinet with low depth

ontherocks

Disciple
I am looking for a cabinet with low depth (dimension from front to back) approx 10 inches / 25 cm.
Height and width doesn't matter, but depth should be low.
It should support Micro ATX motherboard (9.2 inches X 9.2 inches) and a desktop DVD drive.
Looks doesn't matter at all.
Budget below 1500. I don't need a SMPS/PSU with it.

I do not think it will be easy finding such a cabby, as with 9.2inches for the mobo+ ~6 inches for the dvd drive, the drive will be sitting over the mobo.

but check out the CM elite 100, though it will be much larger but is still slim.

vivek.krishnan said:
I do not think it will be easy finding such a cabby, as with 9.2inches for the mobo+ ~6 inches for the dvd drive, the drive will be sitting over the mobo.

but check out the CM elite 100, though it will be much larger but is still slim.

You can check out the above mentioned cabinet. I had reviewed it in the reviews section.

vivek.krishnan said:
The drive sitting over the mobo is fine (in fact that's the only solution). That's the reason I said that Width & Height doesn't matter. These two could be large.

vivek.krishnan said:
I am not looking for slim cabinet (whose width is low) like CM elite 100.

ontherocks said:
I am not looking for slim cabinet (whose width is low) like CM elite 100.

Then can you articulate it better, because I'm completely confused as to what type of cabinet do you want now.

ontherocks said:
The drive sitting over the mobo is fine (in fact that's the only solution). That's the reason I said that Width & Height doesn't matter. These two could be large.

I know, mate. Thats why i wrote it. I just dont think there is such a cabby.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

ALPHA17 said:
Then can you articulate it better, because I'm completely confused as to what type of cabinet do you want now.

He wants a cabinet which is ~10 inches from back to front, so that he can keep it in a confined place, i guess, like a tv cabinet.

ALPHA17 said:
Ok let me see if I can explain by using a picture. As you can see a cabinet has three dimensions Width(W) (side to side), Height(H) (top to bottom) and Depth(D) (front to back).
Most of the run-of-the-mill cabinets have Depth(D) of approx 14 inches. What I want is a cabinet whose Depth(D) is approx 10 inches.

clipboard02ar.png

I think Zebronics had a something like this long back called CUBE. But I don't have any info on it other than the image below.

zebronicscube.jpg

^^ Look, the smallest cabinets we could find, we put forth and anything below Cooler Master in my views is fraught with the possibilities of having a really inefficient design OR simply put crappy design.

The Cooler Master eLite's and the Silverstone Sugo's should be as short ~ 10.5 inches, take your pick.

Back