Looking for a Electric Chimney/Exhaust.

var89

Adept
Hi,

Want to buy an electronic chimney for my home. Have heard a lot of names ie KAFF, GLEN etc..but not sure which one to go for.
Any suggestions would be very welcome. Do tell me about ur experience as well.

chimney @ what price point?if you want gr8 value for money go for any Faber Chimnery @ or above the BF500 model. Faber has SS baffle filter which is very easy to clean and maintain and also prevents reverse drip of oil from the chimney. Have been recommending it for 6 years now to most of my clients, spares service widely available and most of its models are reasonably priced. Some time during festival seasons they also run combo offers which are really good. You also need to get the rated blower capacity checked. KAFF, Glen etc. are generally positioned at a higher price point. Be choosy coz a lot of indian brands are just importing chinese stuff, rebranding and selling, so long term service would be affected.

+1 to baffle filter based chimneys... Best suited for Indian cooking conditions since its pretty oily... Many companies have these baffle filter models so prices should vary. FABER is indeed well established but Glen is not a premium brand though...

mh09ad5578 said:
chimney @ what price point?if you want gr8 value for money go for any Faber Chimnery @ or above the BF500 model.
HailStonE said:
+1 to baffle filter based chimneys... Best suited for Indian cooking conditions since its pretty oily... Many companies have these baffle filter models so prices should vary. FABER is indeed well established but Glen is not a premium brand though...
thetoxicmind said:
A relative of mine has been using a Faber EC, for a few years now.

VFM, serves the purpose and not many complaints.

Well thanks for ur reply....so ever1 is recommending faber....let me have a look at it.

Guys using it, can you post some model numbers and estimated prices too? I believe the prices vary greatly from place to place.

agantuk said:
Guys using it, can you post some model numbers and estimated prices too? I believe the prices vary greatly from place to place.
yeah right...my max budget can go to 30k..not more than that..

30K is too much, I got one recently fitted in my kitchen for close to 8K. With baffle filter off course.

Life time warranty included. Brand is Sunflame.

You can get 1000cc +(or whatever unit it is), for close to 12-15K or 20K+ for very high end.

mh09ad5578 said:
chimney @ what price point?if you want gr8 value for money go for any Faber Chimnery @ or above the BF500 model. Faber has SS baffle filter which is very easy to clean and maintain and also prevents reverse drip of oil from the chimney. Have been recommending it for 6 years now to most of my clients, spares service widely available and most of its models are reasonably priced. Some time during festival seasons they also run combo offers which are really good. You also need to get the rated blower capacity checked. KAFF, Glen etc. are generally positioned at a higher price point. Be choosy coz a lot of indian brands are just importing chinese stuff, rebranding and selling, so long term service would be affected.
Can you Tell me about the models of Faber. I'm not able to understand from their website.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

blufox said:
30K is too much, I got one recently fitted in my kitchen for close to 8K. With baffle filter off course.

Life time warranty included. Brand is Sunflame.

You can get 1000cc +(or whatever unit it is), for close to 12-15K or 20K+ for very high end.
Yeah not 30k ..anything lower wud be very good.

30K for a chimney is a little overkill, unless you plan to purchase modular chimneys with that aesthetic appeal. I have been using KAFF chimney for the past 2 yrs with 1000/m3 suction for 10K. works like a charm. You need to select the correct suction capacity depending upon your needs.

looks matter so get the lady of the house along and get the ones with baffle filter and 2 fans i got an elcheapo chinese one with metallic fans just because my wife liked it so worries so far use caustic soda to clean the baffle filters every fortnight 30 is a overkill for a electric chimney

Back