Looking for a good dual sim; CDMA-GSM phone

bookoon

Disciple
Hi All

This is my first post in the mobile forum. I avoid changing phones too often...so i hope i will not disturb you guys, much.. :).
if the same topic has been discussed earlier, requesting the Moderator to take necessary action.

I have ended up with three connections due to various reasons and it is difficlut carrying all three around. One being a BB torch, the other a Nokia Expressmusic 5800 and the third a Samsung chat-CDMA. The Nokia is near to its end-of-days.:(
Thus I am looking for to get myself a decent dual sim GSM+CDMA (Reliance).

There are not too many choices, it seems. But i know very little how a dual sim mobile phone should be assessed before buying.
Can you experts please advice?

@bookoon

It would be better if you filled up the template which has been made a sticky in this section it would help us suggest you better.

You could consider Samsung Galaxy Ace Duos (GSM+CDMA variant).

There are some terms & features which you should aquatint yourself with before buying a dual sim handset. I'll state some of them for you. Google is your friend if you can't understand any of the terms which I state here.

- Dual standby (Can receive calls from both SIMs simultaneously)
- GPRS access only from either GSM or CDMA. (Case in point Galaxy Ace Duos)
- Lower battery life compared to a similar single SIM handset.

Hope this helps. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, comp@ddict ; unfortunately Airtel does not have good connection at my office. Vodafone and reliance (CDMA) are the good ones.
btw, i checked the latest price for this phone. it is approx 13000 (take another 100 to 400 for scratch guard and back cover)

I bought the phone today. This model seems to be in high demand; they are really flying off the shelves!!
Thank you all for your advice.
(Now, I just hope I can close the task on the PC upgrade also :unsure: )

Back