Looking for a good induction cook top

Prisoner627

Disciple
I want to buy an induction cook top around ₹1500-₹2000 which will used occasionally. Which brands do you guys recommend? The quality should be decent and the after sales service should be good.
Is it okay to buy online because I am eyeing on the republic day sale on Amazon and Flipkart.

I have a Bajaj Majesty Induction cooktop which I've been using for close to 8 years now. For first 3-4 years, it was being used regularly as I was moving around a lot and didn't have LPG connection. Once I got a gas connection, it was kept in the box for some 3 years, being used like one day in 6 months when I was waiting for LPG refill.

For the last year, I now have enough space in my kitchen to keep it outside. So it keeps getting used for things like heating water, boiling milk etc, even though gas is the main thing now.

It has survived through all this. But I don't think this will be the case for all Bajaj cooktops. It depends a lot on luck. Some pieces are just better made than others.

In general, whatever you get, try not to spill things on it. While there's reasonable amount of sealing to ensure stuff doesn't get inside, it's never a 100% and spills build up over time. Also clean it regularly and dust the fan at the bottom at regular intervals. If spills do happen, wipe them down asap to prevent liquid from sleeping inside. It can be hot though, so need to be careful about that.

It depends a lot on luck.
Lol this is true.

Get the induction with longer warranty like 2 years. There's not much else one can do about it. Induction cooktops aren't something that will last you for 5-10 years. It'll break sooner with regular use.

Back