Other Looking for a High Capacity Power Bank

dafreaking

Skilled
As the title says: Looking for a High Capacity Power Bank

Requirements: should be at least 10,000 mAH; Price<4K; 2 USB outputs a plus

There was a thread in the buying help section but it didn't receive much love.

Am also planning for buying Ambrane Power Bank P-1000 (10400mAh). If bought by anyone, kindly post a short pros/cons review of it. Secondly! Is there any competitive power bank along with it? if yes then kindly mention it too. Thanks!

So I bought the Ambrane power bank for my Dad. It came with a free ambrane watch

Pros:
1. Price
2. Large Capacity (definitely more than 70% efficient, at least with the first few charges.) Charge a Galaxy Note 3 and a half times over
3. 2 amp and 1 amp outputs
4. err LED torch (in built)
5. Price

Cons

1. No charging cable

I'm not listing the over 10 hour charging time as a con as I wouldn't expect something of this price to charge faster. Overall pretty satisfied with this. It's just a week old.

So the display on the ambrane is not at all accurate.

The first shows a drop of 5%. The 2nd 25 % The third 45%. Safe to assume this should charge a Note about 3 and a half times. Given the price I think it is a superb deal.

So was thinking of getting Ambrane one.

Anyone who has it for sometime let us know how its going now?

My brother has bought the one listed in above post, 10400 mAh one. I haven't asked him how good it is but he hasn't complained it to me so i guess it is working.
But cannot say if it has the proper real 10400 mAh.

My brother has bought the one listed in above post, 10400 mAh one. I haven't asked him how good it is but he hasn't complained it to me so i guess it is working.
But cannot say if it has the proper real 10400 mAh.

I know it wont be 10k after a few months.

Can you please ask him how it is holding up and how many charges he gets for his phone? (Also, Which phone he has)

I know it wont be 10k after a few months.

Can you please ask him how it is holding up and how many charges he gets for his phone? (Also, Which phone he has)

He has iPhone 4S and you are right about not holding the capacity after few months. I have a new trent one which has 7000 mAh (listed) and now it does not even recharge my iPhone from 0 to 100% fully which means this thing has less than 1400 mAh capacity now. Basically it is almost dead and i am just going to throw it.
I would never recommend anyone buying a used power bank (i bought new) because even if the seller says the capacity is XXX mAh but the real capacity is never known.

He has iPhone 4S and you are right about not holding the capacity after few months. I have a new trent one which has 7000 mAh (listed) and now it does not even recharge my iPhone from 0 to 100% fully which means this thing has less than 1400 mAh capacity now. Basically it is almost dead and i am just going to throw it.
I would never recommend anyone buying a used power bank (i bought new) because even if the seller says the capacity is XXX mAh but the real capacity is never known.

Yup. These power banks hardly last a year if not less. The more sensible thing is to carry a spare battery which can be used incase when you run out of juice. But thats also subjective to the phone you are carrying.

So you get less than 300 charge cycles and its scrap after ?

Is it the fast discharge required to charge the other devices taking its toll.

Well my brother bought one of these a month after I bought it for my dad. They both hold up ok. Charge a Galaxy Note 3 times over, and an S2 almost 4 times if charged after a day each. The Battery% indicator isn't very accurate.

It is well worth the money though..

Back