Looking for a pair of AX WPA3 AP with mesh

Mann

Adept
Does'nt matter if it is a full-fledged router, wish to use it in AP mode if it fulfills the required features and saves some money in comparison to a professional AP .

The feature set :-

a)WIFI AX

b)support for WPA3 (should be there with AX but mentioning it nonetheless)

c) Mesh support as one cannot cover my house

I have to upgrade as a budding hacker lives around me and keeps on spoiling something or the other.
I know there is no perfect setup but at least I'll move out of his range with 6E (for the time being)

Thanks

Last edited:
Check tplink Deco X60 set... Around 8k per piece I believe but check specs on tplink website whether it has wpa3...

Anyways this hacker guy can be possible foiled if you use a very long passphrase not password like say instead of "hello123!" Try something like "the quick brown fox jumped over the cuckoos nest"... And disable the WPS auto connect feature.

I have to upgrade as a budding hacker lives around me and keeps on spoiling something or the other.
There was a thread about this recently.

I know there is no perfect setup but at least I'll move out of his range with 6E (for the time being)
Do your clients support 6E
Anyways this hacker guy can be possible foiled if you use a very long passphrase not password like say instead of "hello123!" Try something like "the quick brown fox jumped over the cuckoos nest"... And disable the WPS auto connect feature.
Yeah, so even if he sniffs the wifi traffic it will take forever to crack the pwd

There are strong password generators available but those will require password managers to use as the pwds are impossible to remember unless autistic

Basically this budding hacker is watching YouTube videos on how to use Kali Linux to capture WPA 2 wifi connection data which includes your encrypted password but if the password is relatively simple it can be brute force guessed by a tool which runs on his machine after the fact.

A longer "pass phrase" is easy to remember but pretty difficult to crack.
@Mann also... If you don't have too many devices you can configure MAC address allow list, so only your known devices can connect but I don't know whether this is also hackable.

If you use this feature remember to disable randomised mac address in your devices wifi settings and use the fixed mac addresses.

Check tplink Deco X60 set... Around 8k per piece I believe but check specs on tplink website whether it has wpa3...

There was a thread about this recently.

Do your clients support 6E

Yeah, so even if he sniffs the wifi traffic it will take forever to crack the pwd

There are strong password generators available but those will require password managers to use as the pwds are impossible to remember unless autistic
So over the last few weeks, I have tried most of the options you guys had mentioned. He/She is unable to get into my system but able to disconnect a client from the host router on both the 2.4Ghz & 5Ghz. This is creating all kinds of havoc. I believe this won't be possible with WIFI6E. WPA3 will make things difficult & I have upgraded all the wifi devices (no small feat) with a 16 digit alfa+ numeric (upper & lower case) + symbols password, according to some it should take heat death of the universe to crack it using current technology. I have also disabled many services and closed most of the ports on the WAN side.

Any way regarding the support for 6AX, most of the mobiles do support, IOT devices I have put on 2.4Ghz inside a VLAN. All other devices which do not support or are in between these cases are getting a hard line (TV's, STB). The CCTV cameras are also put in a closed VLAN. I'v spent a lot of money and time on this ,ran me dry on both the fronts. I'v even done a full rounds of my premises with a wifi monitor to see if there was a signal too strong for others/neighbors to piggyback on.

16 size passcode might actually be weaker than the long passphrase I mentioned but I could be wrong.
I don't know what configuration he is using but apparently GPU's take it on another level

Edit: 40 billion passwords per second.

Attachments

• 26298.jpeg
    26298.jpeg
    558.1 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Back