Budget 15-20K Looking for a phone for my Mom

dexterz

Adept
Looking to get a new phone for my mom. She's currently using a Redmi Note 8 and it's about 3years old and starting to act up. Suggest a phone for basic usages like Calls, Whatsapp, Youtube, and Facebook.
The budget is 10~20k. Should have a good display, speaker, and battery.

Phones I've looked up so far include the latest iteration of the Redmi Note (will be familiar to her) and Samsung M series (AMOLED display and 6000mah battery).

Why not have a look at Moto G31? It costs 11,500 for 4/64 and 14,500 for 6/128. Should be good enough for her use and longevity shouldn't be an issue given the requirements mentioned. Weight is also manageable with 180gms. It has Amoled screen so should be good for content consumption.
Mentioned this as you said a phone with a lower price tag could be an advantage.

Why not have a look at Moto G31? It costs 11,500 for 4/64 and 14,500 for 6/128. Should be good enough for her use and longevity shouldn't be an issue given the requirements mentioned. Weight is also manageable with 180gms. It has Amoled screen so should be good for content consumption.
Mentioned this as you said a phone with a lower price tag could be an advantage.
Will do. It'll be a long drawn process xD

I don't care what others says but never ever get a chinese phone for your loved ones especially for your parents. They have cared for you enough and so should you and i would give them a Motorola(i am aware lenovo iwnes them but it doesn't affect it) or SAMSUNG device.

Planning to get a Mi 11x for her in the upcoming sale. Her existing Note 8 is getting additional 5k in exchange so the 11x will cost 18k
Bought the Mi 11x for 16.5k

Last edited:
I just got my mum a Moto Edge 30, 22500 on EMI from reliance, similar offers around, liiight weight device, incredibly good screen, smooth 778G performance, for the use of Youtube, Whatsapp, some pics and calls, its absolutely perfect, knock on wood it stays perfect but yea in the upper midrange this one is a banger!

Only complaint might be 4020mah battery but for her light use it should survive I think.

At the moment it looks like I can convince her if i go for the cheapest of the suggestions here

Bought an Mi 11x for her since it came in my budget of 15~20k

Back