Budget 10-15K Looking for a phone kinda urgently (last one died)

Nial

Recruit
1. Budget?
A: INR 10-15k (might increase to 17k but prefer not to)

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: Got no clue. I used Samsung Note 2 for 8 years though so kinda used to that. I mainly watch videos on youtube or amazon prime with occasional gaming.

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android with stable system.

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
A: 4g with wifi that eats less battery.

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: No preference. I will state what I will use it for below.

6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A: Netflix, Amazon prime, Youtube (basic video apps that I use over 3-5 hours a day minimum during travel etc.) Casual Multiplayer games like The Infinite Black (a lot), High graphics game like future fight, clash of clans etc for about 15-30 mins a day. Dont care about camera etc. But emails would be needed.

7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: Dual sim if possible.

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
A: New. Don’t mind buying online or offline. I am based around Kolkata right now.

9. Any other requirements?
A: Need good battery backup, Phone shouldnt turn into over if I watch video for 1-2 hours or play old games for 2-3 hours etc. Basically dont heat up when wifi/mobile data is active with video/mid tier games.

10. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model
A:I got no clue I did check the new phones on amazon like Redmi 9 prime etc but I rather want actual users than paper stat infos.

Ok so what I want is a good battery with fast charging (thats a must). I travel a lot so I often pass time with Online videos like amazon prime, youtube etc. Othertimes I read ebooks for hours (5-6 hours sometimes).

I also play games like The infinite black a lot. Its old game but quite CPU intensive along with data (multiplayer basically). I also play Future fight/clash of clans/soul hunters/rise of kingdoms occasionally everyday for an hour or two max. Dont care about their graphics performance as long as they run fine. I dont play high graphics games like PUBG asphalt and what nots.

Want a stable phone for 3-4 years if possible. Budget is kinda low atm because of corona crisis etc. But need a new phone pronto since my old one died last night. If you guys have more questions, please do ask. I will check atleast once everyday.

Last edited:

pacificb0y

Disciple
Hi, if you don't mind, would you like to explain why you choose Realme 6i over Samsung M40?

As here at my place all shops flooded with MI, Oppo, Vivo only.

What i really fall in love with is the snappier performance and smooth Ui , plus fingerprint scanner is a big plus point for right handed people i use my thumb to unlock it and its blazing fast , i have used the poco f1 before i seriously hated the UI , so was using oxygen os on it ,just my personal opinion

6i has better camera resolution , i use it with Gcam and the photos come really good , stock camera performance is okaish
has 6GB ram
quad camera
battery capacity is higher
slightly bigger than m40
90hz ultra smooth display
30 W Flash charge support and processor is better than snapdragon 675 the one is M40 and equivalent to snapdragon 730

i am personally loving it

ChairmanSaab

Disciple
Wow, a Note 2 user! I'm not surprised, I had a Galaxy S2 myself which was bought brand new in mid-2011 and died in mid-2018, lasted me good 7 years although it was used as second phone post 2014.

I would go with a Samsung again!, M31 is a good choice as suggested by members above! Realme force ads to their users (although they can be disabled) but I don't trust these Chinese OSs.

Last edited:

pacificb0y

Disciple
@pacificb0y

didn't you face any issue to migrate from Samsung UI (Best in current market) to Realme UI?
As I read lots of people still believes that Samsung UI is one of the best in market.

I used s8 and s9 both snapdragon variants UI On it was better and nope i didnt face any issues, my whole point was that i was too some one who didn't liked these Chinese variants includes vivo oppo and real me and xiaomi my preference was too Samsung, Motorola, google pixel , but this purchase actually changed my mind and so far i am enjoying it as per the experience goes it can be subjective that's why i asked to better visit a showroom which has this specific model on display
i sort of agree with @ChairmanSaab but then again one plus is also hugely famous and reputed in india and is now a premium smartphone
i guess only some people know that OPPO , Vivo , Realme ,iQOO including Oneplus comes under one single parent company called BBK electronics corporation which is based in china

Mizanurification

Disciple
Why not get the Redmi Note 9 Pro. You can just disable bloatwares and prevent ads. Lots of custom ROMs available too.

Recently got a Tecno 6 Air for workplace. Had shit tons of bloatware. Just disabled them and it's pretty usable.

Emperor

Adept
Why not get the Redmi Note 9 Pro. You can just disable bloatwares and prevent ads. Lots of custom ROMs available too.

Recently got a Tecno 6 Air for workplace. Had shit tons of bloatware. Just disabled them and it's pretty usable.

Hi,

Is Tecno 6 Air good for non gaming but for few latest apps etc. uses... most probably by student for education purpose apps/online exam/zoom, google form and educational games.?

Mizanurification

Disciple
Hi,

Is Tecno 6 Air good for non gaming but for few latest apps etc. uses... most probably by student for education purpose apps/online exam/zoom, google form and educational games.?

Yes. The cameras are decent. But doesn't have a main speaker and uses the top speaker for both calls and sound. I even tried playing Call of duty, worked fine.

Only cons:
1. poor signal reception. better use wifi calling. jio supports wifi calling, voda doesn't.
2. micro usb.