Looking for a room humidifier

logistopath

Molar Police
Staff member
Super Mod
The dry weather in Erode is actually causing respiratory problems for my infant kid. I was looking for a humidifier in a few stores here, but most are not even aware of anything like that. The closest that I get is a vapouriser (I already own one); but vapourisers have a very small tank capacity, and output hot steam. I would prefer something which emits cool mist rather than the hot steam, and with a larger tank capacity so that it can last for a longer time.

Any suggestions on where to get one online, and any brand preferences? Checked ebay and other online sites, but most have portable humidifiers or import them.

Also, is there any difference between the hot steam vapouriser and cold mist humidifers when it comes to health and safety?

#medpal help..!

#jennifer123 Unfortunately, the Bremed one is OOS at letsbuy. The Chinese one looks good, but I will rather buy from Amazon via SNS. I will keep it as an option.

#logistopath

Humidifier / vapouriser both will serve the purpose till the ambient temperature is in control zone.

What I suggest to my patients is that they keep steaming water container below the craddle of little one with a big blanket / sheet covering the craddle while the kid is sleeping so steam will humidify the closed system simultaneously reducing temperature of water will not let comfort go out of control.

It has worked well with my patients.

Humidifier is any day better than vaporizer in theory.

Also dont forget to keep the kid without clothes in the early morning sunshine so that synthesis of Vitamin D is well maintained.

And dont worry this will go by the age of 1.5 / 2 years.

Thanks #medpal. My kid sleeps on the bed with us; no cradle.
<
So I will have to settle for a room humidifier only, I guess. The vaporizer makes the room too hot to sleep in. I am checking out a few humidifiers from Amazon. Would probably end up buying one from there.

Back