Looking for a safe video editor with basic functionality

AxisProphet

Recruit
I need to make a couple of collages. Just playing 2-3 videos at the same time, splitting them vertically or horizontally.

Filmora could probably do it but not free and very sus.
I also though of premiere but im not sure if it will be too complicated for such simple a task, also not free.

Looking for any suggestions, both, free and paid

Has anyone tried both Kdenlive and Openshot lately and can compare them?
I used them a while ago, but then found that the cheaper paid-for bundles were much more effective in terms of stability and compatibility. If you have nothing and want a free editor, DaVinci Resolve is good, but heavy on system requirements.

Got Vegas 16 and later Hitfilm Pro both in Humble Bundle sales. For around 2.4 K for each bundle, it was very good value.

@AxisProphet Look at getting the Hitfilm Express Free version. It is also a full featured editor, but mainly oriented towards FX, like Aftereffects.
Humble bundle currently has a sale going on for Corel Painter, Paint Shop Pro and Corel VideoStudio

Depending on how long ago you tried the free open source ones, they've come a long way in terms of stability and features... I don't use them myself, it's just what I've been reading about their progress over the years.

Have used Openshot and it's pretty stable and nice to use. However, it's quite basic and best suited for learning. Am currently using Camtasia (paid version)and comes with tons of options.

Back