All OS Looking for a tablet for my mom

Digigear

Disciple
Hi,

My mom uses her smartphone for watching movies and to Skype family and relatives abroad.

I'm looking to buy a tablet (likely an iPad) for her. But I see there's a lot of options and configurations (specifically the cellular options on these tablets) and it confuses me. Especially because I've never really used a tablet before.

I want to get a good one that has stellar image quality and good storage and lightweight. Nothing too big or heavy.

I also want to explore alternatives to iPad if they're worth considering.

My budget is anywhere between 30k to 60k depending on the value and longevity of what I'm getting for that money. I'm open to spending more if there's good justification. And I'm also open to spending less to get something modest if that's indeed what makes sense.

Also what's the best place to buy apple products? Local Apple store, third party sellers or apple website??

Please offer suggestions!

Last edited:
Xiaomi pad 5...unbeatable performance and specs at the price..You can save 30k and spend it after 3 years to throw this and get new one if you please (rem 30k will become 40k in 3 years too)

Most of the apps nowadays are good on android tablets so don't worry about outdated comments saying apps are only optimized on one platform.

Miui is not my favorite though but for what it's worth I haven't seen ads in my brother's pad for last 5 months since launch

If android phone, stick with android tablet, don't let our elders get confused also appwise features.
Try any good tablets from Samsung based on your price range @ 60k Tab s7+/8+ 12" AMOLED Display rocks then Tab 8 then S7FE everything but AMOLED then Below 30k models A8 HD resolution Sigle handed usage.

Back