Looking for a To-do List/Sticky Notes software

Hey guys,
I am looking for a To-Do List manager software for my desktop with a specific feature wherein if all the line items in a particular note are ticked, I want it to auto-fade/disappear or erase itself from the desktop.
That way I can keep track of my tasks on a daily basis.

Let me know if you are aware of such a software.

Thanks.

Thanks for your reply ayanavish. I tried Stickies from amongst the options mentioned in the site, but when I tried it, it had no ticking mechanism (something which is found in Android's to-do managers). I want something that will enable me to tick off the completed tasks and the entire note by itself will disappear when all items are ticked.

Use Todoist: Todo list, task manager, useful, fast, easy to use: Todoist

-It is web based, so no need to install anything.

-Allows categories and time bound activities

-Provides an app for your phone (Iphone+Android).

-Can be integrated with Google Calendar too (I think)

-Really simple interface (provides the ticking feature that you want).

-Ticking a task automatically removes it from your list (immensely satisfying :D)

Here's the intro video:

You are better off with a web based service , since it can be integrated with browsers, is real time, is on the cloud so ur tasks are where ever you are
( with a cnx of course)

Heres my top 3
1) Google Tasks, sheer awesomeness with simplicity, you can add tasks from chrome title bar, tick off the completed tasks , set deadlines, insert a complete email as a task , integrates with google calendar...the only and only issue ( god bless google with more billions if they address this ), is that there is no way to set reminders, for google tasks, so there is no way to know if Im missing something if lets say there are 10 tasks for the day.

2) Remember The Milk ( its quite famous, trusted , and has everything that you are looking for )

3) toodledo - Its not a very clean interface as RTM , but offers much more customization , sub tasks , colour coding, prioritization of tasks, basically you can fine tune to suite your needs.
-----------------

Just checked todoist and that looks quite good with all the features as well, Im gonna try that as well :)
try it and share your findings.

Back