Looking for MP3 player

Arya

Adept
Bumped on this at rediff Shop Online; Gift in India: ,  Original SONY MP3 Player - 6GB ( 1500 songs ) - NW1000,  Electronics,  Audio & Video,  Portable,  Mp3 Players,  1GB - 6GB Buy mobile phones, Gift Flowers, Buy Indian Apparel, Buy Books in India, Buy Cameras Players

Looks good, anyone seen it first hand? I could not find any reviews :(

I'm looking for some player with at least 5Gb memory. More the merrier :D. Dont want iPoood as its too common :p

Any suggestions?

no the iriver's dont sell in India....

i would suggest that u dont go for HDD based players cos they are very vulnerable to shocks n rough treatment

so i would say u go for

1)4gb/8gb Creative Zen V plus(would say its the best in its range)

2)Creative Zen Microphoto 8gb (will be cheaper than the vplus as its microdrive based): i have this one and it is quite good

Any idea what the prices are? i saw a thread somewhere with a creative player being around 4k, however it did not have many ppl favouring it.

i also have the same question as my budget is not allowing me to buy creative zen v plus

so am thinking about the sony nw a1000 or

creative zen micro

Shop Online; Gift in India:   Creative ZEN Micro 5 GB MP3 Player with FM Radio  Electronics  Audio & Video  Portable  Mp3 Players  1GB - 6GB Buy mobile phones Gift Flowers Buy Indian Apparel Buy Books in India Buy Cameras

which one should i go for??

from reviews i found out

creative zen micro is very old model and sony's connect Sw sucks

but the sound quality of both of them is better than that of ipod

which one should i go for guys??

siddhesh20 said:
which one should i go for??

from reviews i found out

creative zen micro is very old model and sony's connect Sw sucks

but the sound quality of both of them is better than that of ipod

which one should i go for guys??

where did you read this review?
I dont think they are better than ipod, may be they are equal to the ipod, in fact a guy i know is using creative zen micro, his comment was, the zen micro's quality of sound is better, but not as ipod.

I will recommend ipod nano
or buy a sasa e250 (I don't remember the exact number). it comes with 2gb but you can extend it by using sd cards.

siddhesh20 said:
Well theoritically ipod will not come even closer to the creative which has SNR98 dB

i personally compared ipod shuffle with my old nokia 3300 and i found my 3300 was way better than ipod

havent tested nano though

and if you want a review to be sure

TrustedReviews - Creative Zen Micro - MP3 player
read the verdict...

Techtree.com India > Reviews > Entertainment > Portable Audio/Video > Creative Zen V Plus
read the conclusion
do you know what is the SNR of ipod?

I am not against creative.

How did you compare your nokia 3300 phone with ipod??

All those pitting for iPods remember that they are more over approaching the end of a cycle , i guess we'd see something new in september.
And anybody tried the Sansa E200 series ,how is the audio quality ?

I am not against ipod either, actually it was my first choice

but Apple never released their SNR values. some people believe they are way better than creative and creative lovers believe apple is too afraid to release their SNR values..

am not an expert to comment on it but from what is available creative looks good

about comparison of ipod and 3300, it was human sound test where i used same MP3 files and asked my frnds to compare them WITHOUT changing the OG ipod headphone (i shouldve tried it with my sony headphones) neways 3300 definitely had better bass reproduction

neways i want something which suits my budget and sony NW A1000 or creative micro are definitely in my budget

neways creative micro is a very old player

it was actually compared with ipod mini whichwas out 3 years back..

so thinking about sony and sandisk e270

6gb flash player with expandable memory.. i believe this is what i want

neone has actually used it?? and what is the price ne idea??

Yea..

the player looks tempting enuf ..

But 2 things which i mst warn u against..

1) The s/w provided wid the player.. Sonic i guess.. is real crappy .. mite blow ur lid off while trying to get the songs on to the player. And at times even deleting them.

Some users hv even complained abt the s/w freezing in a few month's time

All in all .. the s/w is a gr8 setback .. else this wd hv been 10/10 for a non colored screen player in my book

2) The wire of the earbuds is way too short for ppl's comfort, so be ready to shell out some xtra cash for a decent earphone set

Bt the player has got other gr8 features like music history, custom settings ,advanced search options.. and if u got a good fast PC .. go for it ..

spacescreamer said:
Yea..
the player looks tempting enuf ..

But 2 things which i mst warn u against..

1) The s/w provided wid the player.. Sonic i guess.. is real crappy .. mite blow ur lid off while trying to get the songs on to the player. And at times even deleting them.
All in all .. the s/w is a gr8 setback .. else this wd hv been 10/10 for a non colored screen player in my book

2) The wire of the earbuds is way too short for ppl's comfort, so be ready to shell out some xtra cash for a decent earphone set

Bt the player has got other gr8 features like music history, custom settings ,advanced search options.. and if u got a good fast PC .. go for it ..

Yaar!! which player are you talking about :p

he's talking abt the sony NW-1000....

n BTW the model i was referring to is Creative Micro Photo and not creative Micro...Micro photo is a newer model :p n i love it, n its gud bang for buck

spacescreamer said:

I heard sony has new SW some Connect or something but even that Sw is crap it seems

some people could never get it started on their PCs so am bit worried about it

i am so confused now:S

Back