Car & Bike Looking for second hand diesel car (3-4L)

Hello!

what would be the good cars to lookout for in this budget?

I would be looking at a commute of 80kms about 3 times a week, so diesel is a must.

What all cars will fit in this budget? Don't mind either hatch or sedan.
Thanks!

Get a Swift Diesel. If you increase your budget by 1L more - you can get a new Swift D.

If you are comfortable with a Tata car - try the Vista.

I have previously owned a Hyundai Accent Viva CRDi and IMO long term maintainence of a diesel car is pretty heavy on the pocket. hence go for a diesel car which has the cheapest spares and the most sturdiest engine. going by that a swift/Dzire diesel would be the best.

Swift Diesel, there is no other choice :) BUT do get it checked at your mechanis before buying and also try to find out the service record of the vehicle, no harm in being a little careful these days. :) also when somebody suggests you a car, then go to a different second hand car dealer and try to see what they will give for it :)

used swift is not VFM...IMO...it rattles like hell
get used fiesta TDCI(great drivers car,good pickup)
Verna(good power,avge dynamics)

or try a used hyundai elantra crdi(discontinued model,cheap to buy,great performer):hap2:

guys thanks!

I have decided against a swift as they have really high resale, so doens't make sense getting a secondhand one..

What would the following rough prices be correct?

->Fiesta Tdci - 4.5 - 5lk

->Verna - 6-7lk

-> Elentra - 6lk

->Accent - 3lk

try searching for ikon tdci, it would be available for around 3.8k 2009 model ( very low resale value), only if ur not in for the swift ddis.

Otherwise swift ddis is recommended.

But I would suggest you to go for a new figo tdci lxi by putting in a lill extra 4.4L ex-showroom, piece of mind. Otherwise, if you are sold a lemon for a used car and that too a diesel one, then you are in deep trouble.

P.S. Swifts rattle a lot

Spy king said:
guys thanks!

I have decided against a swift as they have really high resale, so doens't make sense getting a secondhand one..
What would the following rough prices be correct?

->Fiesta Tdci - 4.5 - 5lk
->Verna - 6-7lk
-> Elentra - 6lk
->Accent - 3lk

For elantra 6k is too much .. Try to get something for about 4.5lk max.Since its stopped model. :hap2:

If i were you, my searching order would be (by order of performance)

1 ) Elentra
2) Verna
3) Fiesta Tdci
4) Accent

When mileage is considered :no:

1) Fiesta Tdci
2) Verna
3 ) Elentra
4) Accent

Back