Looking for usb or usb-c powered monitor

If you're looking for a lower quality budget alternative, there's a few 15.6" monitors based on recycled laptop screens, they're powered through a USB type B port (printers use them too). These usually cost under 2k at local shops. The AOC E1670S is an example of such a monitor, Zebronics has one too. The usually have only VGA input, so you'll need a USB to VGA adapter.

Most other budget 15.6" monitors can be taken apart and made to run off 5V power since they're all using laptop screens.

The 15.4" monitors are higher quality, they're 16:10 because those screens come from higher end laptops.

monitors based on recycled laptop screens,
yeah these would be perfect! Only thing is, the model you listed is kind of old. I guess they aren't making these anymore...
Any examples of 15.4" models ? Any other suggestion on finding these?

There are DIY videos on youtube -
trouble is finding the controller board is hard in India.

I can go to nehru place and ask around..

Only thing is, the model you listed is kind of old. I guess they aren't making these anymore...

They're sold on and off by refurbishing dealers on OLX

The Zebronics model is ZEB-AU16FHD.

trouble is finding the controller board is hard in India

iBhejo.com can import Amazon US products upon request, I asked them about a $30 LCD controller board for an old iPad and they responded with a price of 5720 that comes down to 5148 after a coupon:

This is the form I filled out with the Amazon US url for 'product name'

Thanks bro! So you are so helpful
I can see the controller available on amazon for 4k. But 4k is very expensive. I feel no point in at this price.
I am looking at a lot of laptop screen's at indiamart. Many are nehru place dealers. I am thinking I'll have to do a bit of leg work for this. maybe tomorrow ..
DO you have any idea about those 15.4 screens ?
Also there are the new usb-c controllers. They are fantasic, slim, much simpler to use, no external power needed. Just connect one usbc cable and boom. Can Work with mobiles as well.

Lots available on aliexpress and alibaba ! damnit

Last edited:
Back