WTB Looking for used branded PC w/o Monitor

Let me know if anyone is willing to sell branded PC from dell , lenovo ,etc

want for my business use. not much use though. but expecting above 3rd/4th gen cpu

there would be plenty available from corporate PC resellers - who basically take old PC from office's which do not have HDD or HDD wiped and then resell for profit

If you have friends in corporate, they can get in touch with their IT department, who would have the contractors and vendors details for this.
Also, some companies give old systems to employees itself; without the hard disk / SSD for less price. Most don't though.
You would find a lot in Chennai and Bangalore, there are reseller mafia gangs for these in hoards in IT hubs. Selling kind of obsolete stuff for a premium.

I had my friend get one from a vendor in Kamanahalli, Bangalore for a thinkpad and just popped in a SSD to get it to work as a browsing and word / excel system. Still running fine.

However, I would recommend to assemble one for cheap and enjoy the long warranties from a cheap build.

Is there a budget that you have in mind? Also the usage? Based on that we can look for the required options.

i need to get two pc + ? server , one for light use , the service guy wanted a 3020 optiplex as bare minimum .
Another one for my reception , which i want to be slightly faster and powerful

And i want a centralized server to host the database and common folders for all the other computers.

For server , i am confused whether to get a xenon procy or just go with a good desktop intel core build.

1st pc budget - 15-18K

2nd pc budget - upto 25K

3rd server budget - No idea as of now.
or should i use the reception pc as server as well ?

if you are looking to mainly host files and share them - then just get a good NAS drive and any desktop platform with good network bandwidth support.
Pop in a good NVMe SSD and connect via a fast network interface and you should be able to manage without a Xeon.
Xeon is mainly for 24/7/365/5 computing needs. Else get a decent cooler and any CPU would do.
My 12 year old Q6600 which was never over clocked but cooled with Frio OCK still runs decent for basic needs like file transfer, browsing, etc.

good luck with the build.

my recommendations were more along the lines of

and if budget allows, to go for a new one at 20k, but not sure why the price has shot up to 25k in the past 2-3 weeks. It was 19,500 on Oct 2.

Back