Looking forward to a careeer as a Game Developer!!!

kidrocks

Disciple
Hey Everyone
I wonder how many people are interested in having a future as a game developer.. Its an amzing field where one can bring all his/her creativity and knowledge to produce some thing which one can be proud of..
I seriously want to get into this but am wondering how to start.
all those who are interested can join hands over here and lets give this a start.
If u didn't like the idea then plz ignore it
Thanks and Regards

My friend is in game developing. He even developed a small game for his final year project and now working in red octane company who develop ps2 games. His main work is in coding side and not in animation and designing the game characters. hope this info is of some help to you.

we had this startup called t infomobile which came recruiting in our college. They were more into Mobile games. They said the scope was huge.I personally think mobile gaming is the next big thing... nvidia and ati both seem to be making accelerators for handhelds.. lets see :)

hey man these are some guys who have been working on game development for over 3 -4 years now i think

its not really easy Raptor: Main

if you need to know a few people who develop games for mobile phones i could hook you up with them maybe just pm me

cyaao

hey Kunal.... nice to see you here :)

Yes, it was my passion once to become a game developer.... because that involved being creative, something which I love and adore. But in India, its is a very difficult task and because I was based in Bhubaneswar, Orissa, it became near impossible. S/W developer is just stop gap for me, as my plans are cut out straight. But non-the-less, I am sure I will end up developing games for a living, sooner or later.

Regards,

Karan

Hey Dude!! I m not talking abt games which we guys ( i.e many of us if not most of us) deveeloped for our project or for fun. I was thinking about something on a much more bigger stage.
I hope u get it..

kidrocks said:
Hey Dude!! I m not talking abt games which we guys ( i.e many of us if not most of us) deveeloped for our project or for fun. I was thinking about something on a much more bigger stage.
I hope u get it..

Yup i get it bro... I was referring to 'em only.

@Archish
Hey Dude!! Which company s ur friend working forand what kinda games he develops? I hope u know I m not talking abt games which we guys ( i.e many of us if not most of us) deveeloped for our project or for fun. I was thinking about something on a much more bigger stage.
Anyways thanks mate.
@GreenHorn
Hey! I don't see Mobile gaming as the next big thing at least in near future. You know the true game lovers will syick to their PC for gaming purpose at least. though i agree with the scope being huge as coz of competition b/w various mobile companies ( Look what happened to Nokia-ngage). I was thinking abt something much much bigger.
@Friedclye
Hey Dude!! I hope u understand the kinda game dedvelopment i am thinking of. and That will be a grreat help.. Plz lemme know if u know anyone arnd.
@Karan
Hey BRO :) Me and You have to be there some time.. don't worry. I ll lead the way for u ;-)

Back