Budget 51-70k Looking to build a new PC with a new/used GPU but can't decide what to get

Mohan997

Patron
So I'm building a PC, for gaming. I have a mac and a work PC at home, but I can't really use my work PC for anything else (company monitors my usage) and I can't play anything above Asphalt 9 on the Mac. So I need a PC for gaming. This is what I have in mind:

I already have an SSD at home, which I'll use. Also, I know the RAM is old and slow, but I'd be manually overclocking. I'm somewhat on a tight budget, and anything faster would cost at least 9k.

So yes, I need a GPU, but the problem is I can't decide if I should get a new GPU or a used GPU:
  • RX 6600 ~ 19k new, 13k used
  • Arc A750 ~ 20k new
  • RX 6700 XT ~ 19k used
  • RTX 3060 Ti & 3070 ~ 20k used
I want this PC to stay relevant for at least 4 years. So please advise.

TBH, if you don't have the preference of nvidia gpus (AI/ML - CUDA cores based stuff), just stick to amd at this price point. Now Idk about 4 years relevancy cause its a stretch (for latest games only, you'll be able to run 80% of the games just fine, unless you go 4k or something lol) but among the gpus you listed, 6700XT has the best shot given its 12gb vram. That extra 4gb vram will really show its strength years down the road. I've had good experience with used GPUs tbh so I'm not scared getting used one - but do get one in warranty/not mined etc etc

I think you can cheap out on the case like this one, it has only one pre installed fan but you can easily get 2 pwm case fans for about 1000:
https://www.theitdepot.com/details-...-Tower+Case+(DP-MATX-MATREXX40)_C5P34478.html
And what about your cpu cooler because the stock cooler provided by intel is enough to handle 125 watts of heat that cpu is capable of producing. And also you can get a used 12400 for 7k on the forum right now check if it is still available:
https://techenclave.com/threads/int...-unused-sell-or-exchange.220892/#post-2537998
With that you should be able to upgrade to 32gb ram and also add a cpu cooler. For the gpu I think you should go with the 6700xt you can manually overclock it to even perform similar to the 6750xt and you can easily find it for about 17k

What is your final budget?

Last edited:
Is there any reason why you're not looking at AMD build? They have recently introduced AM5 socket and it will be around for sometime. AM4 was supported for almost 9 years, unlike Intel who change their CPU sockets every couple of years.

@cassanovalite I don't have any preference. I guess AMD cards are a better value buy but I'm not sure because of the general stigma about AMD drivers, fps drops stutters and stuff. I don't even know how true it is, but I've never owned an AMD gpu.
I guess yeah the best option is the RX 6700XT. But idk if I should get new 6600 or used 6700 XT. The prices I posted are from Zoukart and I don't know how trustworthy it can be.

@Kaching999 I feel comfortable getting a non F processor. Especially if I'm getting a used GPU. For RAM I agree I should probably just spend a bit more and get 2 x16 sticks.

@Mr.J No particular reason, just that Ryzen is too expensive. The cheapest am5 processor would be 7600 and that costs 19k now. I can get the 12400 for 11k and it doesn't make sense to pay 70% more for an <20% performance increase. If i am future proofing I should actually get a really good mobo to accomodate future releases as well and that's another 4-5k.

@cassanovalite I don't have any preference. I guess AMD cards are a better value buy but I'm not sure because of the general stigma about AMD drivers, fps drops stutters and stuff. I don't even know how true it is, but I've never owned an AMD gpu.
I guess yeah the best option is the RX 6700XT. But idk if I should get new 6600 or used 6700 XT. The prices I posted are from Zoukart and I don't know how trustworthy it can be.
I had a used RX570 for like 3 years and my experience was that it is infact just stigma, nvidia drivers are not bug-free lol. I had less issues with AMD than I do with NVIDIA currently. So yeah that stigma about AMD gpu's started in the very early stages of AMD but nowadays it's just stigma.
Zoukart isn't tooo bad, have a look at r/IndianGaming subreddit, you'll find deals there and if someone is pricing a product high, everyone comments about it so you know if someone has priced something high, and vice versa too

AMD drivers have improved a lot over the years, but they are not perfect and neither are nvidia drivers. In the recent Fallout boom in gaming latest AMD drivers were not running the fallout games properly but they fixed in their driver updates and similar cases have also happened with nvidia in the past.

Zoukart, from what I learned from one of the posts on the forum is more of a reselling and buying platform like olx but where their business model differs is that the people at zoukart intervene like somewhat like StockX where they take your money and then order in the product from the seller and check it's authenticity before giving the seller the money, so in short your money will be safe with them, but they do have different types of warranty on different products so I would suggest you to contact them over Whatsapp and go over the details before buying they have their support number listed on the website.
I can get the 12400 for 11k and it doesn't make sense to pay 70% more for an <20% performance increase
Actually if you look at the system as a whole it will cost you only about 17% more for an AM5 build which will have about 10-15% more performance in general usage, what you also have to understand is that you are going to be investing in the AM5 platform on which you will be able to upgrade in the future if you want to till at least 2027 and potentially further where you can upgrade to a much better cpu in the future if you want to while that is not really possible with intel as it stop the use of the 12th gen socket at the 14th gen and newer cpus are going to use a different platform, also the 7600 is more efficient and has a better igpu than the 12400 if you care about that. Here is a build:

7600 wo gpu 46k.png

Last edited:
AMD drivers have improved a lot over the years, but they are not perfect and neither are nvidia drivers. In the recent Fallout boom in gaming latest AMD drivers were not running the fallout games properly but they fixed in their driver updates and similar cases have also happened with nvidia in the past.

Zoukart, from what I learned from one of the posts on the forum is more of a reselling and buying platform like olx but where their business model differs is that the people at zoukart intervene like somewhat like StockX where they take your money and then order in the product from the seller and check it's authenticity before giving the seller the money, so in short your money will be safe with them, but they do have different types of warranty on different products so I would suggest you to contact them over Whatsapp and go over the details before buying they have their support number listed on the website.

Actually if you look at the system as a whole it will cost you only about 17% more for an AM5 build which will have about 10-15% more performance in general usage, what you also have to understand is that you are going to be investing in the AM5 platform on which you will be able to upgrade in the future if you want to till at least 2027 and potentially further where you can upgrade to a much better cpu in the future if you want to while that is not really possible with intel as it stop the use of the 12th gen socket at the 14th gen and newer cpus are going to use a different platform, also the 7600 is more efficient and has a better igpu than the 12400 if you care about that. Here is a build:

View attachment 201883
I back this up.

Since you're looking at 4+ years, no point in investing on a dead platform.

AM5 had its issues on launch, but it's almost entirely ironed out and stable now, including RAM stability (can't say the same for the 13th/14th Gen Intels lol).

Thanks guys for all the responses. I went with the i5-12400 :sweat:. Got it for a really low price last weekend. Still haven't purchased the graphics card yet. Will probably get a used rtx 3060 ti or rx 6700 xt.
Also if anyone is building a PC in Chennai, I can't recommend Nakoda IT Hub enough :innocent:. They matched (and in some parts even beat) online prices. Including card discounts. So yeah.

Last edited:
Thanks guys for all the responses. I went with the i5-12400 :sweat:. Got it for a really low price last weekend. Still haven't purchased the graphics card yet. Will probably get a used rtx 3060 ti or rx 6700 xt.
Also if anyone is building a PC in Chennai, I can't recommend Nakoda IT Hub enough :innocent:. They matched (and in some parts even beat) online prices. Including card discounts. So yeah.
Check thread on forum for 6700xt or 3060ti.....6700xt recommend for more vram.....ray tracing is no use.

So I'm building a PC, for gaming. I have a mac and a work PC at home, but I can't really use my work PC for anything else (company monitors my usage) and I can't play anything above Asphalt 9 on the Mac. So I need a PC for gaming. This is what I have in mind:

I already have an SSD at home, which I'll use. Also, I know the RAM is old and slow, but I'd be manually overclocking. I'm somewhat on a tight budget, and anything faster would cost at least 9k.

So yes, I need a GPU, but the problem is I can't decide if I should get a new GPU or a used GPU:
  • RX 6600 ~ 19k new, 13k used
  • Arc A750 ~ 20k new
  • RX 6700 XT ~ 19k used
  • RTX 3060 Ti & 3070 ~ 20k used
I want this PC to stay relevant for at least 4 years. So please advise.
Considering the fact that you want it to be relevant for at least half a decade, either invest in a higher end card, or prioritise higher V-Ram cards like the 6700XT.

Don't think 40 series used price will drop much like 30 series as 50 series will be priced astronomically much like 40 series.
30 series was worse than 40 series, in some instances:

1. The 3080ti launched at $1200 vs $699 for the 3080. It was only 8-10% faster (for a premium of 60%), with 2 GB of extra VRAM
  2. The 3090 was even worse. It was a productivity card (due to the VRAM), being paraded as a gaming card. The actual difference in gaming performance vs a 3080 was only 15-20%, at best (for a premium of more than 100%)
  3. The above prices were just the official figures. In reality, they were WAY worse, due to the mining-induced GPU shortage

Back