PC Peripherals Looking to buy a Bluetooth Dongle that supports Win 7

iq6886

Adept
I'm looking to buy a Bluetooth Dongle for my Desktop, which is supported by Win 7... by supported I mean it should have Bluetooth stack which is fully compatible with Windows 7.

I tried buying a Vista Compatible dongle from Nehru Place, but this thing does not work anymore under Win 7. Also tried installing Bluesoleil stack, but still not working...

So does have any heads up on this ???

I was able to use Bluesoleil on my machine without any issues. What problem did you face? Also did you try running it under compatibility mode?

Actually bluesoleil installs and runs fine, but it has two problems:

1. ) It is really expensive...

2. ) The *Ahem* version is not the latest one.. It's 6.4.249 which is not fully compatible with Win 7.

Can you tell me which version are you using & does it work well for A2DP ??

@iq6886

it would be best to let MS update the drivers for the dongle, It should work fine. even i had some problems initially but then after getting the MS updates (i suppose it was the CSR bluetooth radio drivers) it will work fine.
Cheers

^^ From the link he posted, Dealextreme..

@RadioHead: Tried that... not working... It only works for certain bluetooth devices, not all...

Oh well, I didn't notice that shipping was free :D But how do I get one without a PayPal account? :(

Never mind. I guess I am just being plain lazy. They do accept cards.

Back