Looking to buy a mobile

Finally decided to get rid of my good old Nokia 6600 but now not being able to decide about the new phone. Problem is- I cant zero in on one single phone. What I am looking for is available in different phones but not in one particular mobile. First of all, here is my wishlist.

Looks: Decent looks (large screen size preferred).
Budget: around 10k (can exceed to 13k Max).
Camera: Atleast 1.3MP (2MP or higher preferred).
Video: Something that can do 320 X 240 @ 15 fps.
Sound: Something that can play MP3s at loud volume.

Getting confused between 5300 (decent looks, nice sound quality, fair priced), 6233 (640 X 480 @ 15 fps, cheapest among all), E50 (symbian 3rd edition). 6300 (good looks, 16M colors).....

Until today I was contemplating one of those phones with few suggestions about Nokia N72 as well but today I discovered Samsung D840 which seems to fit into most of the things except its samsung and i wont get my symbian.... Priced at 11900 according to indiagsm its just within my limit as well.

Someone can guide me a bit ? Also I am getting confusing reports about video recording and TV out capabilities of D840. Can anyone confirm what resolution/ fps it supports ?

And ya, finally...which phone should I go for as of now my 6600 looks as good as all of these. :hap2:

do not go for the 6300...camera sux big time...

Go for either K750, or the 6233 if below 10k is your budget...

If you can go higher... than go for the N70.. not the N72...

i wudnt buy a samsung if i were u...play safe with Nokia or SE...the best bang for the buck rit now is 6233 @9.3k...(the 6300 is all show, less go) or get the n70 for 13.2k if u want symbian..dont evn think of getting the n72..terrible phone..

In SE, the best phones matching ur requirements wud be W810i at 13.5k or the k550i at 11.3k...its not wise to go for k750i rit now..given tht it'll be out of market in a month or 2...thts what the dealers told me..

i differ, N72 is not a terrible phone. I own it n i love every bit of it... tochwood it hasnt hung up till date...IMO its the best phone sub 12k, its forr 11.8k as far as i know

How about the SE K550i ? And i agree with Hostuff (loll that sounded weird :p) that the N72 is a good phone. I'd prefer it to a N70 anyday.

5300 is a good buy too.

Guys..well, i think i shud have been a bit easy with the adjective..lol:p but seriously, thr have been a lot of issues with this phone...prolly not happening in each n every set but surely a probability tht it cud happen to ur set is there..:p

it does have a hanging problem...and the battery life isnt very good especially with the mem card..again this may not be the case with all the cells but search around the net for n72 issues and u'll understand what i am talkin about..;) its still better to pay a bit more and get the n70....rest is upto u..u can do the research on net and find out for urself..:)

^^totally agree..the 5300 has issues with its loose slider..my friend who has one recently drop it and his slider became loose..now it has stop responding to open and close positions..even the dealer said tht he gets these complaints with the 5300 every few days...the slider is its biggest cause of concern..plus dont know about others but frankly, it looks like a soap case to me..:p

^^correct description.... if u really want symbian then go for n70/n72....

else save some money n go for 6233+1gb mem card+good headphones etc

Back