Audio Looking to buy a multi - purpose speaker set for about 10-13k

TheBroker

Skilled
Hi,
I'm looking to buy a speaker set for approx 10-13k to connect to my TV. Alternately, it will also be used to connect the phone / iPod to them once in a while.

My primary usage of the speakers will be for

Watching 720p Movies / English TV shows
Listening to Music - Trance, Lounge, Hindi, at times Rock.
Normal usage with TV.
Ocassional Gaming

A bit of research led me to 4 choices

Corsair SP 2500 - 13k approx
Audioengine A2 - slightly out of budget, but willing to consider.
Swan Speakers - no idea about the after sales service / life of the product. Also, the output seems low, however they look good.
Klipsch Promedia THX 2.1 - Tried and Tested.

I am inclined to buy the Klipsch going by the user reviews on Amazon and the duration that people have used this for. Which would be the best speaker set for my usage?

Looking for a recommendation with good build quality as I want it to last for atleast 6-7 years, if not more. Not willing to extend the budget !

Swan M10: For better vocals, clarity, instrument separation and treble, but bass is less than the promedia's for sure.
Promedia: For much more bass than the Swan M10 but is inferior to Swan M10 in everything else.

Swans m10 are just the most crisp speakers you can buy. They are more of an all rounder if you want to integrate them with multiple devices. Movies sound clear and you will her the sound as it is supposed to be heard.

Swan M10: For better vocals, clarity, instrument separation and treble, but bass is less than the promedia's for sure.
Promedia: For much more bass than the Swan M10 but is inferior to Swan M10 in everything else.
Swans m10 are just the most crisp speakers you can buy. They are more of an all rounder if you want to integrate them with multiple devices. Movies sound clear and you will her the sound as it is supposed to be heard.

Just dug a bit more, the review for M10 seem outstanding but the negative is that the woofer & subs need to be placed on the same level :( They are virtually ruled out. How would the D1080MKII be in their place? Look good, are more powerful and at 20% off from the listed price at ~9000 on hifinage, they seem a good deal?

I also have similar a requirement
Have you considered the Edifier C3? Heard some good review for them

Nope, not considered the C3.

Do consider the Edifier S530 too.SP2500 is also pretty good.
I have the 730d and it kicks the butt of all the speakers you have mentioned when it comes to movies,gaming and EDM

If you are looking at speakers for TV then have you considered SoundBars? Many companies sell 2 and 2.1 SoundBars and are easily available with a starting rate of around 5-6000 and it would provide a decent sound quality. Most soundbars would sit great along with the TV set and you can find complementary soundbars based on the width of the TV and would not occupy too much space too

If you are looking at speakers for TV then have you considered SoundBars? Many companies sell 2 and 2.1 SoundBars and are easily available with a starting rate of around 5-6000 and it would provide a decent sound quality. Most soundbars would sit great along with the TV set and you can find complementary soundbars based on the width of the TV and would not occupy too much space too

I'm not constrained by space, so no issues there :) do you have any soundbar suggestions ?

I think the SP 2500,the Klipsch or the Logitech Z623 should fit in your requirements good.
I am in the same dilemma at the moment.
I haven't had a chance to listen to any one of them at the moment.
Bookshelf's , i feel will not be loud enough and they will definitely have a lot less bass.
I'm definitely not an audiophile. But i definitely can make out the difference between a 128 & 320 kbps Mp3

Back