Audio Looking to buy a new Digital Piano

sunilyo

Adept
Hi everyone,

I have always been interested in learning the piano but couldn't buy one due to financial issues. But I now am in a position to buy one for my son who has just turned 6 yrs. I have read that playing a muscial instrument at a very early age does help young children and who knows he may pursue this as a hobby or profession in future.

But along with him i also plan to use and play it as i have expressed my interest before.

So this post is to all those people who play the Piano.

Now in my short research so far i have come across a few things which according to many are very important in buying the first piano, such as

a. number of keys: a full size piano (88 keys) is the way to go
b. weighted keys
c. max polyphony: the higher the better, but 128 has been marked as a decent number

Now i have been looking at many brands but have zeroed in on two namely. Yamaha and Casio. Yamaha because it produces a very good Piano sound and i have heard it before. Casio because of its price.

i have looked at a few models from these and having a hard time in deciding which one to go for.

a. Yamaha PSR-S670 (61 keys) - 45k
b. Yamaha PSR-i455 (61 keys) - 21k
c. Casio CDP-230R (88 keys) - around 31-32 k
d. Casio WK-7600 (76 keys) - 31k
e. Casio Privia 350 (88 keys) - 50k

My budget max is 50k. The piano will mostly be used for home and learning purposes only, but i would like to record and create music. So in this regard options a, b, d & e are good as they allow they have multi track recording/sequencing facility. But the Casio 230R has only 6 tracks will this be a problem or is there any way i can record more tracks to it?

The one that fullfills my requirements i.e. 88 keys, weighted, multitrack recording etc. is the Privia 350. But i was also looking at the WK-7600 which is short of 12 keys and minus weighted keys but has more features when it comes to recording etc. Hence also inclined towards it.

So guys please help me here.

I would suggest Yamaha PSR-E243 for learning. Its a good keyboard for learner and I am using this for a year n half now, love its sound.

PS : I felt that playing music with 88 keys takes a lot of time (may be false for you, also depends on dedication towards it).

Back