Graphic Cards Looking to buy a new Graphics Card! Need advice~

xiledemon

Disciple
Oct 14, 2012
Hello everyone!

I'm looking to buy a new Graphics Card in the next week or so and have decided to go for HD 7770 cuz my budget is 9k INR max. What I am confused about mainly is what brand to go for and will the card specc up properly with my current PC i.e. no bottlenecks in latest games @medium-high settings. Here is my configuration:

Processor: AMD Athlon 2 x4 635@ stock clocks
Motherboard: Gigabyte 880GM-UD2H
Graphics: Onboard HD 4250 (yeah i know...)
HDD: Seagate 320GB 7200.12
Monitor: Dell IM2030 gaming @ 1600x900
RAM: 2GB dynet, maybe add another 2GB if I can stretch to 10k INR.

I won't be upgrading any other component at the moment. I will be purchasing from Lamington Road personally, but haven't been there previously. Prolly will try Maccan and Primeabgb from what I've read here.

Thanks in advance~
Cheers!
Ali.

xiledemon

Disciple
Oct 14, 2012
Yes i'm not going to get anything shipped from anywhere!
#jakob i have a local psu which i had got with my zebronics bijli. Its 500w though. Sorry forgot to mention it before. I knew i missed adding something but was in a hurry to leave.

iittopper

Adept
Oct 27, 2011
then either get decent psu like corsair cx430v2 + hd 7770 or if you want to stay with your local psu then you have only one option - i.e hd 7750 .

Jakob

Skilled
May 13, 2011
Mumbai
If your budget is strictly 10k then go for Sapphire HD7750-7.4k+Corsair CX430V2-2.4k,If you can extend your budget then get Sapphire HD7770ghz-9.2k with Corsair PSU.The Zebronic 500W PSU is not good enough to drive HD7770,It's too risky.
Yes i'm not going to get anything shipped from anywhere!
#jakob i have a local psu which i had got with my zebronics bijli. Its 500w though. Sorry forgot to mention it before. I knew i missed adding something but was in a hurry to leave.

xiledemon

Disciple
Oct 14, 2012
Well i suppose i can wait a bit then. I can save up some extra cash in a week or two and go for the psu and 7770 then. Too bad i didn't have a damn clue when i bought this rig two years ago. :-(
Thanks for the advice fella's! Also, which shops in lamington road would you refer for the above mentioned parts? I don't mind looking around here and there but i've heard from a friend that its a maze in there!

- - - Updated - - -

Well i suppose i can wait a bit then. I can save up some extra cash in a week or two and go for the psu and 7770 then. Too bad i didn't have a damn clue when i bought this rig two years ago. :-(
Thanks for the advice fella's! Also, which shops in lamington road would you refer for the above mentioned parts? I don't mind looking around here and there but i've heard from a friend that its a maze in there!

xiledemon

Disciple
Oct 14, 2012
Sorry for the late reply folks~ Busy with exams! So it has finally been decided by the higher powers (a.k.a Dad) that I will be only purchasing after my exams end in mid-December. Although I won't get any extra from him, I can simply add my pocket money to the 10k and buy the HD 7770 AND the Corsair CX430V2! And probably a 2GB RAM chip. Thanks for your help #Jakob and #iittopper .

Cheers~