Looking to buy an RC car for around 6K - any suggestions?

logistopath

Molar Police
Staff member
Super Mod
My budget is around 6K. All the products on Amazon and FK look like cheap Chinese toys, even if they are priced at 7K or more. Are there any reputed makes that I should be looking for? Will I be able to get a decent RC car in this budget? Please suggest.

My budget is around 6K. All the products on Amazon and FK look like cheap Chinese toys, even if they are priced at 7K or more. Are there any reputed makes that I should be looking for? Will I be able to get a decent RC car in this budget? Please suggest.
Last I checked, India was still pretty lousy at getting a decent and affordable RC cars. I had been looking for ages but ended up buying one from Dragon Mall in Dubai during my holiday in 2019. If you have friends in the UAE, you can consider asking them to buy you one. They are chinese but proper hobby grade. As for popular brands like Traxxs, Arma, Redcat, etc are not available in India, if you do get they will be out of your budget as they will be severely hiked up from their actual US/UK price. Alternatively, if you have anyone coming from abroad just order from AliExpress to them and ask them to carry it for you. (Ask them to bring the battery in carry on luggage)

I have been collecting both tier 1 RC cars (Traxxas , HPI) as well as the hobby grade chinese clones (haiboxing, bezgar) for the last couple of years.
Largely because my son was into rc cars and the bottom tier ones available locally are way too fragile/largely useless.

Unfortunately , as @Slayer88 mentioned, there is probably practically no demand for RC cars in india ..whatever little is avaialable is horrendously overpriced and the only option was to hand carry 1-2 at a time in checked in baggage during trips.
At least the chinese clones should have been available but probably missing from the markets due to the BIS mandate on toys (I presume BIS certification costs a fair bit and may not be viable for low volume/ high variation items such as these)

The only practical option is to self import

Thanks guys.. My research for the past couple of days has led to pretty much to the same conclusion as above. I guess I will have to look for friends abroad only! :(

Check for 'IsluHacks' on facebook or Instagram. He sells RC cars that are aimed for hobbyists.
Nothing in my budget as far as I can tell.
There is a discussion site related to RC toys catering Indian users.
Could not locate that in my bookmarks, if you are able to find that visa Google

Got it: Rcindia
The site is hardly active, and discussions about RC cars are almost non-existent.

Thanks guys.. My research for the past couple of days has led to pretty much to the same conclusion as above. I guess I will have to look for friends abroad only! :(

Nothing in my budget as far as I can tell.

The site is hardly active, and discussions about RC cars are almost non-existent.
RCbazaar in bangalore is staffed by some cool guys who are more interested in the hobby then selling stuff, if you want you can call and ask them for help.

I see some tier 2 Hobby grade cars on amazon.in (Haiboxing/ Bexgar or equivalents.. FWIW, I have both and they are very decent for the price_.
While most seem to be sold by questionable sellers with generally poor ratings, a few are Amazon delivered.
Am wondering whether to try my luck with one.

@logistopath Another good options seems to be a 1:16 from a reasonably established local brand called Tygatec..

@superczar Will check it out. I'm clueless about the brands though.
Can someone suggest some brands that I should be looking for? Right now traxxas is all that I'm aware of.

Traxxas/ HPI and a few others are the tier 1 brands.. They generally tend to be quite expensive outside of India as well.
I have a HPI 1:10 and a traxas 1:16 and both were well over $300 even when on deals.

Then there are tier 2 brands like Haiboxing/ Bezgar and there will likely be more clones as well.
Are they as good as the former.. I'd say almost..
And they usually cost around $100 for 1:16 models..

I see one seemingly established model by a local brand called tygatec (about 8K for a 1:16 brushed) .. as well as some imports that are cheaper but you may need to search a bit to find a reliable seller

Back