Looking to buy laptop from US < 700$

I am looking to buy a laptop around august first week when I reach USA.
Budget is <700$. I would use it mainly for multimedia + study + occasional gaming.
Any suggestions / recommendations?

Best deal and coupon Dell XPS 15 Sandy Bridge L501x Laptop | XPS 15 Review - LogicBUY

There is a $100 coupon to get the laptop exactly for $700 with onsite warranty (You can transfer this to India)

Cheapest 2nd generation Dell XPS 15, follow these steps:

1. Click here to start at Dell Home
2. Configure as per needs on leftmost $799.99 configuration
4. Select Review & Checkout, Add to cart
5. Apply coupon code 0QZNX8B2J326BZ and HLSKSR06S9ZG0F during checkout

This cheapest XPS 15 deal: $799.99 - $100 coupon code (Expires soon after limited uses) = $699.99 + FREE shipping. Features Core i5-2410M 2.3GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD and 1GB GeForce GT 525M

DarkAngel deal looks good. But I have heard not so good reviews of default Dell XPS screen. The 1080p screen upgrade is being recommended, though adding that shoots out of my budget. What do you think?

sahilshah1987 said:
DarkAngel deal looks good. But I have heard not so good reviews of default Dell XPS screen. The 1080p screen upgrade is being recommended, though adding that shoots out of my budget. What do you think?
Errr.... Its on par with other sub $800 laptop screens and its the best set of H/W, build and sound you can get for $700. You cant get everything for $700 can you :p

Check the TE review section. There was a XPS 15 L501X normal screen review and even laptopmag did a review of normal screen IINM.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

http://www.techenclave.com/reviews-and-previews/dell-xps-15-l501x-mini-review-179950.html

I am having the XPS 15 with WLED HD screen i.e. 1366x768 and I can tell you that the screen is good enough, though not as good as the 1080p screen.

It is much better than the other Laptop Screens from Lenovo and Sony... I compared them

Just go for it...

DarkAngel said:
Errr.... Its on par with other sub $800 laptop screens and its the best set of H/W, build and sound you can get for $700. You cant get everything for $700 can you :p

Check the TE review section. There was a XPS 15 L501X normal screen review and even laptopmag did a review of normal screen IINM.

True :p

teja thx, I guess I will go with this deal.

Anyone can tell me why are Inspiron cheaper or in what aspects XPS is better than Inspiron?

And the latitude series looks expensive.

sahilshah1987 said:
True :p

teja thx, I guess I will go with this deal.

Anyone can tell me why are Inspiron cheaper or in what aspects XPS is better than Inspiron?

And the latitude series looks expensive.
XPS advantage over Inspiron

Better build(brushed metal), best laptop speakers(JBL 2.1 with sub woofer), better H/W with GT525, better HDD(7200 RPM), better webcam. Check the reviews man!

Latitube is business line.

The E6520 built like a rock :D

Review Dell XPS 15 Notebook (i5-2410M & GT 540M) - Notebookcheck.net Reviews

Review Dell Latitude E6520 i7/FHD Notebook - Notebookcheck.net Reviews (Not many laptops score 89% in NBC!)

Review Dell Inspiron 15R (N5110) Notebook - Notebookcheck.net Reviews

Back