Looking To buy Seasonic S12D 750w PSU... Need ur Suggestions...

hash said:
Are you .....buying it for the system in your sig ?

Sure is costlier than the TX 750 .
Nope... TheITWares is selling it for 6500... And i m sick of my VX550 thats y i am looking to buy...

It's a pretty good power supply. The sad part is being non-modular, the cables tend to make the interiors of the chassis a bit messy if you do not route them or tie the unused ones properly. And at times, may be a possible hindrance to ventilation if you have openings at the bottom of the case.

I am using a M12D 850W unit myself and compared to other 800W+ units, this unit is fairly smaller and has a smaller footprint (more like a square'ish shape compared to the rectangular box profile for the rest).

Tirupati Enterprises handles the after sales service for Seasonic in the country and they are very prompt at that. I've had a first hand experience since the first 2 units of mine turned out to be DOA and they replaced it no questions asked.

Possible alternatives - Corsair TX750. Or if you are willing to spend some extra dough, the HX750.

the tx750 has high ripple ratings. not in the same range as the s12d. so s12d>hx750>tx750. if possible try and get the antec truepower TP-750 or the seasonic x750. hard to find these though. but the best 750watters there are

mrcool63 said:
the tx750 has high ripple ratings. not in the same range as the s12d. so s12d>hx750>tx750. if possible try and get the antec truepower TP-750 or the seasonic x750. hard to find these though. but the best 750watters there are
even x650 is not available in india... by the way i m not even looking to buy a modular psu bcoz they are too expensive...

@Descretor

Even VX550 cable routing is PITA...

Is Seasonic S12D 750 watt better than TX750 quality wise? i have read that it has better efficiency than TX750 and also costs less...

What do u guys say? shud i go for it?

s12d is way better than the TX 750. the tx 750 is an old model(few technologies are still to be updated in it).seems like corsair retain many of their old models because of their reliability. the s12d is newer though and much much more efficient and handles much better. and seasonic guarantee which by the way is the OEM of several corsair psu's.

Back