Looking to buy wifi router

aniruddh23

Recruit
Upgraded my connection to 200mbs, my current router needs to be upgraded. Looking for something with great range.
All suggestions are welcome.

One budget option is TP-Link Archer C6. Pretty good for its price. However, don't expect 200mbps on wifi on a single device.
I was going to upgrade my plan to 200 Mbps. I have C6. Any reason why it will not support 200 Mbps over wireless bridge mode on wifi? I do get over 100 Mbps on my current plan over wifi on all devices.

I was going to upgrade my plan to 200 Mbps. I have C6. Any reason why it will not support 200 Mbps over wireless bridge mode on wifi? I do get over 100 Mbps on my current plan over wifi on all devices.
Typically unless the client is very close to the router, there is performance loss due to distance, obstructions and interference. The max speed I have seen is around 150mpbs from a distance of - feet with 2 walls in between. Also I have at least 2-3 more 5GHz bands in range of my setup. So, practically speaking, achieving 200 mpbs may be difficult under non-ideal circumstances.

However, I have no experience on wifi6. That may change the game altogether, but then you need compatible router as well as client.

Guys any idea about dlink 1360 ac1300? Getting it at 3400 at tataQlick. My price range is 3-5k range.
If you are planning to install multiple routers to cover a larger area, investing in a mesh tech makes sense. If you are planning to get only one, getting a mesh router may not be logical. For a 5k budget, you may want to look into WiFi AX as it will be more future proof. Many consumer devices (like ATV 4K) are already implementing AX (WiFi 6).

If you are planning to install multiple routers to cover a larger area, investing in a mesh tech makes sense. If you are planning to get only one, getting a mesh router may not be logical. For a 5k budget, you may want to look into WiFi AX as it will be more future proof. Many consumer devices (like ATV 4K) are already implementing AX (WiFi 6).
Can you suggest some models in my price range that I can look into? Thanks

Back