Budget 21-30k Looking to upgrade my office desktop from core i3 to something new

Thanks, guys! It's been a great help.

I am thinking of the following (rough prices off the internet - hoping my Nehru Place dealer gives me a better deal):

CPU: Ryzen 3100 (9K)
MoBo: Asus Prime B450M-A (7K)
RAM: Corsair Vengenace 16GB 3200Mhz (5.2K)
GPU: Asus 1650S-O4G (13K)
PSU: Corsair CV450 (3.3K)
Total = ~ 37.5K

Am hopeful I can get recover some of the cost by selling my current components: i6100 + Asus B150M Plus + 8GB Corsair 2400Mhz + Antec PSU. What do you think would be a fair price for the same?

What do you think about the above?

Last edited:
Since anyway you're gonna upgrade everything, like one of the suggestion you can go for GPU now and use it with current setup. Of course new PSU as well along with 1650S.
Go for Asrock B450M Pro4, it's better than the ASUS board. If you want only from ASUS, then TUF M Pro Gaming is better than M-A.
BTW, make sure board is 3000 ready when buying.

So, the more I got into it, the more I became more and more ambitious, and started thinking about this:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3300X 3.8 GHz Quad-Core Processor
( or AMD Ryzen 3 3100 3.6 GHz Quad-Core Processor, if the above is not available, which seems to be the case)
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING B550M-PLUS Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (1 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory
Video Card: GALAX GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER 4 GB EX Video Card
Power Supply: Corsair CV 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

Then I started thinking this is almost 90% of the PC, so why not just get a new one (and then I am not necessarily restricted to micro-atx form factor), and use the existing one in my office for an associate I may be hiring soon.

So let's say I up my budget to 65K, what are my options for the above and for a cabinet + m2 nVME SSD + 2 TB hdd.

So, the more I got into it, the more I became more and more ambitious, and started thinking about this:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3300X 3.8 GHz Quad-Core Processor
( or AMD Ryzen 3 3100 3.6 GHz Quad-Core Processor, if the above is not available, which seems to be the case)
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING B550M-PLUS Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (1 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory
Video Card: GALAX GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER 4 GB EX Video Card
Power Supply: Corsair CV 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

Then I started thinking this is almost 90% of the PC, so why not just get a new one (and then I am not necessarily restricted to micro-atx form factor), and use the existing one in my office for an associate I may be hiring soon.

So let's say I up my budget to 65K, what are my options for the above and for a cabinet + m2 nVME SSD + 2 TB hdd.
I would replace the CPU & Motherboard with an Intel one... probably an i5 10400F & a B460 motherboard. Intel i5 10400F is significantly faster than 3300X & should cost roughly the same. If you want to save money you can get an i3 10100F which will perform similar to a 3300x while costing less. Also would advice you to purchase two RAM sticks instead of one & for Intel system you can get away with 2666Mhz memory.

In the current situation, believe it or not, Intel system are providing better value. Also B550 is a dead platform so there is really no incentive of going with AMD for a future upgrade path.

Last edited:
Looking at your usage the whole purchase is just an itch :) I don't think you need to upgrade but if you do go for NVME for sure.

Last edited:
As already pointed out, 3500x/3500/3300x costs more than what it should. For about the same price, 10400F is a better option. For 65k, you can go upto R5 3600 or 10400F.
Go for dual ram kit, instead of one stick.
B450 is cheaper and will support Ryzen 3k/5k CPUs. No need to spend more for B550.

Back