lost planet:extreme condition

mjain

Disciple
I recd this game bundled with my xfx-8800GTS :hap2: . i tried to install it and got past quit e afew irritating errors:mad: due to steam and then found that the game cannot be played until steam downloads all updates adn this would take abt 16hrs :no: on my 256kbps airtel connection. this pissed me off big time :mad: and i want to know abt others' experiences with this game. i guess the game itself is pretty good going by the reviews. but this steam thingy is irritating. anyone has any suggestions. currently it is still updating with some 3 hrs to go :(

me same too i got xfx 8600 gt wiht free lost palnet dvd :p also ma 256 kbps :bleh:

it take about 8 horu s:mad: bull s***t download patch

i have u wait for long time u laugh that games:S

i got 2 dvd games same from ma card :p

becu xfx replace 2 dvd at mistake :rofl:

arunhalo said:
me same too i got xfx 8600 gt wiht free lost palnet dvd :p also ma 256 kbps :bleh:

it take about 8 horu s:mad: bull s***t download patch

i have u wait for long time u laugh that games:S

i got 2 dvd games same from ma card :p

becu xfx replace 2 dvd at mistake :rofl:

he's bought the same xfx card.. he got 2 copies of the game free... he's getting pissed wid steam where he has to wait for 8 hours for it to patch the game.. nd he thinks xfx made a mistake by putting 2 dvds into the same box...

thanks stalker!! i got most of it then. but anyone else has some thoughts on steam in general and lost planet in particular? i mean is this irritation to the buyer the only way to stem piracy?? not that i bought it, but if i had i would be even more pissed!! piracy is bad but anti-piracy efforts should hurt the pirates not the genuine buyers

mjain said:
thanks stalker!! i got most of it then. but anyone else has some thoughts on steam in general and lost planet in particular? i mean is this irritation to the buyer the only way to stem piracy?? not that i bought it, but if i had i would be even more pissed!! piracy is bad but anti-piracy efforts should hurt the pirates not the genuine buyers

Anti-Piracy measures almost always hurt the genuine buyers only, Impact on pirates is usually minimum.

mjain said:

LP:EC is an okay game I guess. there's nothing new really. I played the demo and It was quite boring and stupid (logic wise) you have these starship trooper like bugs that are killing humans for no reason, whenever you kill them, they drop T-ENG. a component that keeps you alive, cause you're on a frozen planet. the combat is repetitive and hardly packs the punch you would expect from a shooter. to cut the short story even shorter, LP:EC is a strictly average third person shooter. If you have some free bandwidth, you can give it a try. otherwise, don't feel sad, you're not missing anything great.

as for Steam, yeah, It's annoying but it's here to stay and there's not much we can do about it.

Back