Lost!!!!

baah.... lost the credit and debit cards today.... :( Why does it happen to me... have blocked both but still feeling bad... why are we not able to take care of such things... sheesh... earlier too i had lost my bracelet long before and that was my first sweet gift from my mom.. tat was lost forever. this atleast i have the hope tat its not cash.. only card.. but still... feeling like everything is slipping out of my hands....

hehe I did something really stupid when I was in bangalore last month...My debit cards(one IDBI and other UTI) got stuck together making it look like one and I inserted them into the ATM machine n the whole place came down.....well I mean it went our of order...I had to leave that night so blocked both n returned...Amazing accomplishment na...lol...

But Iam like that...Iam bit disorganised....hehe...

I once lost my wallet which has around 1100 bucks Cash Three CC's and DC along with Voter ID Card and Driving License... Why am i posting that here... Well cause now i have them all back... Shit happens in life but that doesn't mean you should get bogged down with such things... Look at the bright side... You automatically save up some money :)

Well read my own experience if you feel that this kind of thing happens to you only :)

During my M.Tech college days at Allahabad, I lost my Wallet once. I did not have a lot of money in the wallet (only 200 bucks), But I did have my College ID card. The card was important as its used as a pass for the examinations as well as other stuff (including getting discounts). For the college to issue a new card, I have to file an FIR at the police station. I went to the police station and asked them that I wanted to file a report for loss of wallet and card.

Many people might know the kind of attitudes the police especially in UP and Bihar have. They bluntly refused and began verbally absusing me and my friend who came along. They asked me to get a affivadit on stamp paper for them to lodge the FIR. What they were looking for is some mudras (* read bribe *). I did not give up and went to the High Court and spoke to a advocate who was sitting outside for his meals. He was kind enough to help me and took me to a document writer and got the document prepared. I just gave the guy his due which was not much and took the document to the police station. Those people grudgingly lodged the FIR and gave me the copy. I took it to my college and applied for a new ID card which I got after a weeks time.

The very same day that I got the ID card, A person came looking for me at my hostel. He gave me my lost wallet. He was a bus conductor and he told me he found my wallet in his bus 3 days back and in a place which was bout 150km from Allahabad. My address was in the wallet and he got it to me. I checked it and everything except the 200 odd cash was present in the wallet. My ID card was also there.

Some things just happen to us. I learned to be more careful from that time onwards. Its not something you need to feel dejected about. :hap5: In my case I had to go though a lot of trouble for getting a new ID card and after getting it in the end, I got original one back.

Mebbe this is not the same thing, but....

In 7th std, I mistakenly studied for geography when it was actually my history exam :ashamed: I barely passed in history, but I did get to study for geography twice :eek:hyeah: (no, it didn't help :p)

zhopudey said:

In 7th std, I mistakenly studied for geography when it was actually my history exam :ashamed: I barely passed in history, but I did get to study for geography twice :eek:hyeah: (no, it didn't help :p)

lol....man you are one funny guy here..

ok...this happened when I was studying First year engg...I was returning home by bus...The bus halted 100kms frm hyd n I got down for some snacks...15min later I come back n find the bus gone poof without me.

My money, books, luggage all were in that bus n it was past midnight...

Not knowing what to do I was staring blank...Then out of nowhere comes this man asking if anything was the matter...I told him my plight...and can you believe he took 100Rs from his pocket n gave it to me...He was a humble school teacher in that very small town. I was stunned...I promised Il return the money as soon as I reach home...He told me it was ok...even surprising....First thing I called home n asked my parents to collect my luggage from that bus...I reached home n first thing sent the money to that nice man.

Funny many months later an old man asked me for money telling me he needs to reach a nearby town n lost his wallet...I felt I owed this favor to another stranger...I gave him 20Rs....A month later I wait at the same stop n he comes again with the same reason...:rofl:

vij said:
Funny many months later an old man asked me for money telling me he needs to reach a nearby town n lost his wallet...I felt I owed this favor to another stranger...I gave him 20Rs....A month later I wait at the same stop n he comes again with the same reason...:rofl:

:rofl: well I also lent 100 bucks to a couple once (some station on route to pune) and gave the guy my account number coz he said he would deposit it later. Not that I cared coz he asked for help and I decided to go ahead, it was just 100 bucks.

Well I dont even know if he did deposit it back, never checked. :ashamed:

bluediamond said:
baah.... lost the credit and debit cards today.... Why does it happen to me... have blocked both but still feeling bad... why are we not able to take care of such things... sheesh... earlier too i had lost my bracelet long before and that was my first sweet gift from my mom.. tat was lost forever. this atleast i have the hope tat its not cash.. only card.. but still... feeling like everything is slipping out of my hands....
You know I can tell you 'why', but then people would call me a chauvinist. :bleh: One is exception - two is generalization.

now where's rogue.. i'm sure she'd lend her shoulder to cry on!!!!

wat had happened to rogue...
lol i thought the topic was on lost the tv serial.

:ashamed:
uh oh.. i thot it was da 810i..
:ashamed: thankfully not!!!! phew....
In 7th std, I mistakenly studied for geography when it was actually my history exam I barely passed in history, but I did get to study for geography twice (no, it didn't help )
really funny... :p
You know I can tell you 'why', but then people would call me a chauvinist. One is exception - two is generalization.
tell me why.. logon ka kya... ;)
wat u meant by chauvinist, exception and generalization here :ashamed:

and others... thanks for the replies.. i feel lot better now...especailly after zhop's JOTD... ;)
@vij: i see you are more experienced than me :p
@switch,lord_nemesis: ya, i m thinking positive now...(atleast trying to..) :)
and is it required that i register a police complaint.. here it was not stolen, i only lost it right... :huh:

bluediamond said:
and is it required that i register a police complaint.. here it was not stolen, i only lost it right... :huh:
not required, unless the bank insists a copy of FIR to issue a new card. I dont know if any bank asks for such a formality, mostly they dont.

bluediamond said:

Well It depends on how you lost them. In any case technically you can register a complaint, but its too much trouble and every one knows the kind of attitudes most of the police people have now, so I am pretty sure nothing will come out of it. I had to lodge a complaint because I have to do that to get a new ID card issued.

Since you already blocked the cards and hopefully getting new ones soon, Just forget the whole episode and be more careful in the future. :)

ok..this might make u guys laugh......but i had lost my hall ticket for my last years exams ..that i came to know only 1 hr before the exam..
thgaah.gif

I had to up up & down the 8 floors of my college many many times to get siggys of chairman,princi,HOD & my Class Coordinator...& not much surprisingly...all of them b**ched me for ~15 mins each..

after going thru the hassles..i entered the exam hall 20 mins late to find my original hall ticket on my desk
badmood.gif
...i looked at my pal next to me..& they told 1 guy had betted him some money(the previous day) that i wont write the exam..
36_1_30.gif

after the exam got over i went to the parking lot .. opend the tube which flows the petrol from petrol tank to the carb...added some fine sugar & put it back..

sweet revenge huh?
elvis.gif

& in case anyone is wondering...tht was not my bike..:lol:

i thought u were putting up a spoiler of
.................................................................................

maybe how penny widmore n the guy who can see future works out (desmond)

Back