LOTR Book Which one is better?

flash23

Adept
I have lost track of how many times I have watched the entire series and I am desperate to read the book. Im planning to get it from homeshop 18 using 100/- OFF coupon. I have narrowed down to two editions in my budget but cant decide on which one to finally go for:

http://www.homeshop1...4199/cid:14567/ -------- Red Cover for 427/-

http://www.homeshop1...0176/cid:14567/ -------- Black cover for 602/-

I know in the end its the same content and same words of the main story but I want to know which one is better of them like in paper quality, ease of reading (spine), any other additions like any appendices. I dont mind the price difference, Im willing to buy the one with black cover even if it is slightly better than the red cover one

Attachments

• 120x120_9780007273508.jpg
    120x120_9780007273508.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 40
  • 120x120_9780261102385.jpg
    120x120_9780261102385.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 40
bump... guys please help me out sure someone might have read any of the above copies at least comment about its quality

I have that paperback boxed edition(black), It's a beautiful set with good paper quality. Go for it.

I bought it for Rs. 780 from Flipkart last month.

I have that paperback boxed edition(black), It's a beautiful set with good paper quality. Go for it.

I bought it for Rs. 780 from Flipkart last month.

Does it have any maps or anything extra than the books itself ?

One more query since I dont have any experience with home shop 18 is that do the collect octroi? I live in Pune where octroi is applicable but I didnt paid any octroi when i got my shipment from Tirupati or Pristinenote. The thing is that I return home late night so the shipping address will be my friends' I dont want him to have any inconvenience.

Does it have any maps or anything extra than the books itself ?

One more query since I dont have any experience with home shop 18 is that do the collect octroi? I live in Pune where octroi is applicable but I didnt paid any octroi when i got my shipment from Tirupati or Pristinenote. The thing is that I return home late night so the shipping address will be my friends' I dont want him to have any inconvenience.

yes the books have maps but no illustrations.

I don't know about home shop18 but Flipkart does not charge extra even on imported books.

Get 3x1 set. It's easier to read as well because 3-in-1 edition is very big and thus uncomfortable at times.

And don't worry about maps, you can always google them
<

thanks guy for your advise will be getting the box set ie the black one

UPDATE : HOMESHOPE18 has reduced the price its now 537/- after using 100/- OFF coupon
<
<

Any idea about octroi?

Suggestion: Try and get the set with THE HOBBIT also.

It will complete the collection and it is better to start from that book anyways...

thanks guy for your advise will be getting the box set ie the black one

UPDATE : HOMESHOPE18 has reduced the price its now 537/- after using 100/- OFF coupon
<
<

Any idea about octroi?

Don't there is octroi on books...

Back