Storage Solutions Lots of cds...want to convert

becks

Disciple
okay i ve got lots of cds with music and i wanna put it on my laptop or hard drive...what would be the best way to do so? What software do u say would be the fastest...and is it the best to convert to mp3?

^^dont know about fastest software, but i use goldwave because of the variety of formats that it supports

whether or not converting to mp3 depends on how much hard drive space you have....generally lossless formats such as flac or ogg would be better
if you dont have much space then mp3 is the best :)

ogg 192kbps is the best for lossy formats - I doubt you'll be able to keep lossless on a laptop anyway.

I use the Xiph encoder ver 717, and it generally does a single song in under 8 seconds on my X2 4000+. I use CDex to rip. With a decent CD drive such as the DDW-1650, it takes about 15 seconds to rip a 4 minute song off the CD.

So about 25 seconds per song, not the quickest but it gets the job done.

My 3700+ CD tracks compress down to about 22GB in this format, and are pretty decent to listen to - way better than MP3.

i want something fast and which gives good results....i ve got lots of cds man like lots! i ll probably store the music on the hard drive so wh would u say is the best way;

Back