Linux Low battery notification

I am amazed to find out that Ubuntu 21.04 does not give battery notifications on laptops. How do you manage low battery and battery full notifications in Ubuntu 21.04 ? Thanks.

It's probably just the kernel that does not (yet) support it for your particular laptop model, might work in a later release...

btw if your laptop battery has the option to provide battery life percentage reporting feature then enable it and see?

Only workaround I can think of is to install a newer kernel but I wouldn't want to mess around with this.

Does your laptop at least show the battery percentage if the option is enabled in the desktop settings?

Actually I also never checked whether my laptop shows the alerts in linux...

Does your laptop at least show the battery percentage if the option is enabled in the desktop settings?

Yes, it does.

Actually I also never checked whether my laptop shows the alerts in linux...

I haven't used Ubuntu on a laptop in a while. There used to be a software called Battery Monitor. But it is archived now. Not available since 18.04. If I remember correctly, Ubuntu never had any low battery notification unless we use a third-party tool. It will simply suspend your PC.
Found something for Ful Battery notification

Last edited:
Back