Low budget Gaming Laptop < 25k ?

sbhas2k

Adept
What's your Budget?
<=25k

What will be your primary usage for the notebook be?
Desktop Processing,HTPC, Download rig, and Watching HD movies & Games

What size and weight considerations do you have?
Any size

Any brand that you prefer, or any brand that you detest?
No pref

Any other considerations?
Anything which suffice my primary usage...
I have zeroed on Asus X42JY with Pentium dual core P6200, 2GB Ram, 500 GB HD & Ati Mobility Radeon Hd 6470 (1GB)... any other alternative at this price point ?

Basically i would be using for a year and at max 2... Infact i was searching for secondhand, but due to various TE member suggestion, planning for a budget gaming lappy..

Thanks in advance..

Are the 10% cashback coupons still working? If yes then after using a 3k coupon you can get it for ~28k. (3k is the max. limit IINM)

yeah specs are pretty good. Esp. The i5 480m. But isnt it way above your budget.
Anyways the hd6470 is just a 160 shader low-mid range gpu. So even the asus's p6100 shouldn't be a bottleneck.

Unfortunately there is no "Gaming" laptop available even upto 35k. All you'll get are notebooks with AMD 6470 or Nvidia GT 520M at the max. There was an Asus laptop available till 2 months back that came with ATI 5650 1GB + AMD Triple core CPU for around 30k. Sadly its nowhere to be seen now.

^Seems 5650 is a strong GPU and way better than 6470.. Let me check whether my budget allows me to buy that :(

Thanks a lot buddy ;)

Noticed a weird behavior, when i click your link i can get to the laptop , but when i searched by going to the acer laptop and checking the lappys available, it's not present over there... :eek:

That item is permanently discontinued :(

yeah.. its discontinued.

sbhas2k said:
^Seems 5650 is a strong GPU and way better than 6470.. Let me check whether my budget allows me to buy that :(

Thanks a lot buddy ;)

Noticed a weird behavior, when i click your link i can get to the laptop , but when i searched by going to the acer laptop and checking the lappys available, it's not present over there... :eek:

That item is permanently discontinued :(

Back