Low-enf gaming rig for kid under 18k

rsjaurr

Disciple
  1. Q: What is your budget?
    1. Under 18K
  2. Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    1. CPU - AMD A6 3500 3.9k
    2. Motherboard - FIA55 ML E 4.1k
    3. MONITOR (from states)- Acer s201HLbd $110
    4. Memory- any 4GB 1.2K
    5. Cabinet+PSU- any 1k
    6. HDD-I have two external (2.5" and 3.5") HDD but both are PATA not SATA
    7. UPS- Microtek 1.5K
    8. KB+Mouse- 0.8K
    9. I'm also buying internal LG blueray writer but thats for me and cost is not part of this rig.
    10. To keep the cost low I may buy AMD E350 from newegg which should be good enough for kid but wont last more than 2yr.
  3. Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future..--Probably not
  4. Q: Where will you buy this hardware? -Few relatives are coming to India from states this month so can get few things from there.Can you guys suggest what parts I should get form states? Locally I may buy from Amritsar or online like flipkart/deltapage.
  5. Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    1. May be
  6. Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware- I have a laptop which is going to complete 4yrs this summer and it may die anytime,and if it does then I may also use it as following purposes.Then I will fo for tablet though I dont need either laptop/tablet now.
    1. Gaming
    2. Browsing
    3. HTPC
    4. Download rig, 24x7 operation
    5. Watching HD movies
  7. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    1. Do not want to buy Asus product as I heard the after sales service in India is pathetic--Really??I thought Asus makes good stuff!!!!!
  8. Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing? Anything but I believe kid will be playing mainly racing.
  9. Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage Anything
  10. Q: Are you looking to overclock?
    1. Probably not
  11. Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    1. Windows 7 64 bit

AMD A6-3650 ~5500/-

Gigabyte GA-A75-S2V ~5500/-

G.Skill RIPJAWS 4GB x1 1600MHz ~1600/- [the faster clocked RAM you get, better the IGP of Llano performs --> http://hothardware.com/News/InDepth-Analysis-Explains-Llanos-Bandwidth-Sensitivity/ / http://techreport.com/articles.x/21255]

Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB ~4000/- [OR try to convert one of your external drives to an internal piece]

NZXT Source Elite 210 ~2100/-

Corsair CX V2 430W ~2400/-

APC BR600VA-IN ~1900/-

A few reasons that I would recommend you to get an APC UPS as well as investing on a better SMPS + cabinet --
  • APC has a good service network, as long as you are not satisfied with their products performance RMA it with impunity.
  • A good SMPS + cabinet ensure cooler temperatures and cleaner current for your PC thus your PC will perform more stably and last longer.

Hope this helps, Cheers!!

Thanx alpha but this rig is going to overshoot the budget by a big margin.And can you plz tell me the source of AMD A6 3650 price?

Thanx alpha but this rig is going to overshoot the budget by a big margin.And can you plz tell me the source of AMD A6 3650 price?

What all are you including in the budget?

Is the cost of the monitor inclusive in this budget, if yes, then what is the effective budget you have left for your PC, not including prices you have already mentioned.

The Bobcat class processors [both the older E350 and newer C-series APU's] are not suited to any kind of gaming except for maybe the most primitive standards for Counter Strike source and AoE II.

Here are the prices online --> http://www.theitdepot.com/details-AMD+A6-3650+2.6GHz+Quad-Core+Desktop+Processor+(AD3650WNGXBOX)_C30P12237.html. Actual price on the street is around ~6000/-.

#rjaurr How old is the kid? If gaming is your primary motive, I'd suggest get a console. They are kid-friendly and within your range.

Thanks guys for your feedback.

yup....budget is including monitor...ideally.
123.gif

I dont want to spend too much coz anyway I may have to buy a laptop for myself,PS3 for kid, whenever he happens to see it somewhere (already have PS2 but he doesn't like it that much) this year and another mid-level gaming ring within 2years as he will be 7year. Now he is 5year old and last month he asked for desktop as his birthday gift,the reason being he likes to have KB,mouse and wires going all over from back of desktop.

And I'm not able to decide if i should spend the decent amount of money now or after 2-3years.I have 512MB DDR1RAM and two old video cards with AGP slots(one is ATI 1650pro andother is even older ATI 9650.I can just buy a very old P4 based system and install one of these cards.He wont be playing complex/latest games so this rig may be good for him.

better to buy a better rig afterwards and save some bucks now.. you are yourself saying that you would be buying a lappy + ps3 this year and then a decent rig next year, so better save some bucks and get a very low end config (get any proccy + mobo combo having agp slots).. these would easily suffice for a 5 year olds gaming needs..

Back