Low FPS in CS Source

IceFusion

Skilled
Sm how after the last update my in game FPS ha become very low...i get arnd 30-35 FPS when i play cs source...earlier i used to get like 70...
i still get 60 FPS in video stress test...
Just cant understand why i dont get any ingame FPS
Iplay at 800*600 with medium settings...i even turned them down to low but no use...
I updates my omega drivers to the latest one..still no use..
if i put the catalyst drivers FPS falls more down..

Even tewaked it with sm command i fnd on goodle like cmdrate,update rate and fps_max..but to no avail..

Any 1 know anything tht might help...

i think its the update that caused, coz after i updated my copy, it started lagging for no reason, fps went low at times and all kind of weird stuff

am using a 9800 pro and latest omega drivers, but no, still same :S

make sure u dont have any background application running and scan for spyware and adware that might be using up ur memory

The game is skipping frames for me after the last update ! Valve better fix this soon since it is pretty annoying.
@ice: wot card ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Same problem here. I guess all 9800 users are facing this problem :S. The frame rate keeps fluctuating from 150 right down to 15fps.

I was getting 87+ fps at 800x600 then today i went to play and now all of a sudden I have 16fps!!! wtf happened? so i drop it down to 640x480 and turn everything down and still only 24fps. Its not playable...

I did a spyware scan and it came up clean. i ran 3DMark and my score is still what it should be, so it seems isolated to CS Source.

Any suggestions on how to get my fps back where it belongs?

thanks

Did any of you guys check in the video section of the game.... Now you have a option of HDR... Try disableing and and then try playing the game ;)...

Back