Low Power Torrent Box

Status
Not open for further replies.
200mph said:
will the EXT3 fiel system able to take in 12 15 gb single files ? i dont see NTFS format here

Eh ? Ext , JFS and other file system are the most advance filesystem and support even 2 Tb of partitions..

@ Ansih why in the world you are looking for utoorent in Linux.. Linux has its own torrent clients Deluge BitTorrent Client | KTorrent | Transmission [ pre-installed in Ubuntu 8.04]
So you got lots of Clients no need to use Utorrent :|

Anish said:
^ Sounds pretty cool with versatile OS support, but they haven't said anything about remote access and what features the bit-torrent client support.
@ SC, Any updates on the WD MyBook?

@anish and DS- Even if the hdd's hav torrent clients, you never know wat features it supports and how buggy it is...

You'l probably use this Hdd for 3-4 years, no one know wats the future scene in india, SO u need something that supports peergurdian and all, Thus utorrent is the first choice..
Does linux support these??:S

^ Exactly! That's the reason I'm fraying away from Linux.

Does running Windows Home Server make sense? What about Mac compatibility, will the Mac be able to access files from the NAS?

Okay windows home server is out, it wont run on a Mac!

Now can somebody help me with a really compact micro atx cabinet.

Thanks a ton for the help :)

@ DS - Np, I got it, thanks :D

^ Yea, checked it out, pretty cool, but too big for me, plus the fans and optical drive slots are useless. The idea is to keep it low power and inconspicuous.

Anybody here bought a Thin Client PC btw. Asus, Gigabyte?

Okay, I've finally decided to go the custom way. Will be building a custom wooden case of dimensions 45x35x10 cm (WxLxH). I'll be putting up drawings in a little while.

Here are my components.

Mobo + CPU - Intel D201GLY2

RAM - 512 x 1 DDR2 667 (Lying around)

PSU - Generic 350W (Lying around)

HDD - 250GB x 2 Seagate 7200.11 Slim (RAID 0)

Will mostly fire this up with Windows Home Server, I'll consider shifting to a LAMP setup once my Macbook arrives and exams finish, so I'll have more time to experiment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back