Low Speed in BitComet!!!!!!

targetblimp

Disciple
I got a 128kbps AIRTEL connection. Lately( well its been two months now):mad: i have been receiving a bandwidth of about 80. But the real problem is BitComet, in which mu dl speed hardly goes upto 8 upload goes upto 21Kb/s.(even when seeds are more than leechers):( This doesn't happen in Limewire Pro in which i easily get about 12-13 Kb/s.

I even tried utorrent but its useless.(3-4kb/s).

can someone help me out?

1.Use utorrent instead of bitcomet. Download from http://download.utorrent.com/1.6/uTorrent-1.6-install.exe

2.Goto Options>Preferences>Connection. Limit your upload speed to 10 kbps. Airtel uses SDSL lines where if u use too much of bandwidth for upload then ur download speed suffers.

3.Check that your port is open. In utorrent u will see green,yellow,red indicator in status bar to indicate open ports. Your firewall (like zonealarm or windows firewall) can be blocking it. Open them for utorrent if its blocked.

Edit: Oops u have used utorrent. Looks like your port is blocked. So follow pt 2 & 3.

^asking people to switch a application instead of fixing the problem is not the solution...its' like asking a person to switch to linux cause his folders are opening late in windows...;)

@post :have you port forwarded ? or u using bridged connection ?

Assuming the torrent is public one...try chking a private* tracked torrent with good no of speeds...;)

Well SS, BC is universally accepted as one of the crappiest torrent clients. Its more like suggesting to change from say Win 98 to xp.

^^^I completely disagree..BitComet has traditionally been known for the best speeds & utorrent for the fact that its much kinder on the resources!!

^^well...i admit BC has some issues with team seeding & lots of hash failures...but download speeds are not the case , BC is a leacher client which is written to get the best speeds...

p.s: i've not tested any recent versions* . . . so i might be wrong..:|

well its 10 only. still download speed wont go above 9, upload speed is still more around 10 and that damn indicator wont turn green, its still red(windows firewall is disabled).

So thats what i said, port problem. Well its really tricky in the sense its diff for each of the modems. Btw do u use any other firewall like zonealrm or something?

Try going to 192.168.1.1 and configure your modem.

p_sam21 said:
Well SS, BC is universally accepted as one of the crappiest torrent clients. Its more like suggesting to change from say Win 98 to xp.

Your universe is very small i guess. :eek:hyeah:

BC is one of the best.

i can't do it. it seems there's no option for configuring my modem. there are the following links-

1.Device Info
2.DSL Status
3.WAN
4.LAN
5.Password
6.DSL Settings
7.Reboot

Somewhere in these options u will find things like (add) ports .... firewall... etc. Lookout for them and add the port address that ur torrent client (u can find the port number in torrent client preferences) uses. Add it as "allowed". Actual steps vary from modem to modem and its the one area where u have minimum help unless u get a step by step guide somewhere in internet for exactly ur modem modem. Anyway u can try and change ur modem settings without worrying much. Those can be reset if anything goes wrong. Just be sure not to upgrade (flash) ur modem firmware (software inside modem).

To be honest i feel BC was good till .7x release. In .8x release it behaves very strangely trying to get @546 bytes from each peer. May be its reporting is wrong.

Back