Lowest Local Call Rate for Prepaid - Which Operator ?? (Mumbai)

X-Rebel

Disciple
Hi friends,

M highly frustrated with the poor Reliance network in my area ... thanks one of their sites being closed down ...

Need to get a new prepaid card ..... was getting a rate of 40p/min on Reliance for local calls without any rental (200 mins in 80 bucks).

Now other options are:

Aircel - 1p/2sec .. 100rs Rental for 3 months
Idea - 30p/min .. 19 Rs. rental
Docomo - 1p/2sec .. 49 Rs. rental ....

Guys plz advise me in this matter .. and if you know any better offer, plz let me know ..

My average use is about 300-350 Local mins ... no specific network so need cheapest local rates, not network specific ..

Trump Tariff

MRP Rs. 33/-

Validity 30 days

Free talk value Rs. 19/-

Calls to MTNL Mumbai and Delhi (Dolphin & Trump, Garuda, Landline)

1st Min - 30p./min.

2nd Min - 20p./min

3rd Min -10p./min

Calls to Other Mumbai Local and BSNL Maharashtra and Goa,

1st Minute- 50p./min.

2nd Minute- 40p./min

3rd Minute onwards-30p./min

also loop mobile 600 local minutes or 36000 local seconds as per plan just for Rs 206

don't go for Docomo, they have poorest network among service providers. You will never get any signal. Among mobile service operators Vodafone is best, it's little pricey, but that what you pay for quality.

Better go for Airtel then, it is like choosing bad among the worst.

^^Docomo service is excellent in bangalore, it gives the best speeds in EDGE and i always get 70%-100% signal, didnt know that its so bad in mumbai.

sugat123 said:
don't go for Docomo, they have poorest network among service providers. You will never get any signal. Among mobile service operators Vodafone is best, it's little pricey, but that what you pay for quality.

Better go for Airtel then, it is like choosing bad among the worst.

heard that same is for reliance GSM

@ X-Rebel, where did you get to know about 100 rs (1p/2sec pack for 3 months) pack for aircel? There is no info about it on their site....

Btw in case you dont mind changing your no., docomo is having recharge option for new user, 100 rs talktime for 150 rs with 1p2sec calling for 90 days. Its the best option for local calling but available only for new subscriber of docomo. There after one has to buy monthy pack of 49 rs or weekly pack of 10 rs.

Docomo is also having some of the cheapest plans for gprs (48 rs, 2 GB, 30 days), which i am using lately.

yeah even in my area Reliance beats crap out of every other operator both in terms of plans & full strength network with EDGE speeds of 35KBps constant throughout the day , i am considering switching over to reliance from airtel once MNP launches in Maharashtra Circle, Airtel has least & worst plans amongst all..

techno_guy said:
have they improved their network recently because previously it was not so good

Been using it since the test phase 10Rs/day talktime(90 days). so except underground basements i have had full signals overall

If want best go with Vodafone 50ps/per minutes (top up with Rs.51/- once in year)

Next Idea 1pc/1 sec

If u talk long Vodafone 50p /1 minute best

If short Idea best

Reliance GSM very very poor, even when I call any one who is with reliance just drop call in between, sudden low volume etc. etc.

Docomo network is highly unreliable..I used to get 256kbps at my old place, in this new place, its hard to get a single bar signal. Mesgs deliver after hours.. Pathetic i must say..

if the signal strength is good in ur area , just get tata docomo , it has the best call rates , cheapest call rates all over india amongst all other providers, cheapest sms packs , cheapest gprs packs , and other locals calls as well,

here in my punjab where i live , i have always got full signals in my area, never dropped a call ever and it has good customer care service as well and which is free

i had used my airtel sicne 7 years and using docomo since december last yr , i wud say its no less than airtel in signal strength with lesser costs

it has the lowest packs watever , all kinds of packs n schemes are priced lower than others,

u get default 1p/sec, default missed call alert service , default life time validity , whereas others like airtel/vodafone , charge u one time fee for these facilities also

@Sugat

Docomo network is good in my area due to a tower close by ..

@Harpy.eagle

MY brother uses that Aircel 100Rs recharge for 1p/2sec for 90 days ..

Reliance GSM service was very good til they decided to shut down the tower in my area, and the other towers are too far to provide any decent service ...

Repeated mails and requests to high level RCom execs haven't yielded any results ...

Still confused ...

I dont mind changing my no as my other DoCoMo no will remain unchanged .. only Reliance will change ..

Thinking I should go for Idea as they have the cheapest solution ... 19Rs/month for 30p/min ..

aircel & docomo have issues in my zone

one of my neighbor never got more than 2bars on her new aircel n has to come every time at my place when she receives any incoming calls for full strength signals. very embracing but cant help.:ashamed:

Advised her to shift to vodafone and now sadly she dont have to come at my place :(

trumph gets jammed in mumbai esp. in evening times 6-8:30p

reliance is good

airtel ok ok

docomo n aircel pathetic

even videocon is good and have best plans.

BTW wat about Virgin Mobile?? has it disappeared from market?

Back