LPI exam

I doubt it. LPI cannot isn't like an MCSE (which is all crap btw) or even RHCE. LPI says you know "Linux". What the hell does that mean? Every distribution of GNU/Linux is different. Sysadmin skills required are completely different from ubuntu to Fedora to Suse. No commonality whatsoever. At best you'll know how to do certain stuff like _some_ config files.

It isn't that bad of course - sysadmins regularly move to different distros, but then they use their experience to help them (both on the job and in interviews).

I don't think anyone really cares for the LPI. If you want to appear for some such exam, do an RHCE (or whatever equivalent they have for other distros)

yeah but then aren't there different levels to this exam which on completion should be an indicator on proficiency in using a Linux system?

The question is which Linux system? No one will really trust it. Tell you what. Find one LPI certified (or whatever the term is) dude who tells you how this ever was of any use to him. If you can do that, go ahead. Else run away. Make sure this dude is in India (you are looking at Indian employers, so look at Indian employees).

My contention exactly. Do RHCE or the SUSE equivalent or the Ubuntu equivalent (if that has come out yet). It makes more sense. Personally I'd say go with RHCE as Redhat still rules the Indian Linux server market

Back