WP Lumia 920 not booting out of the box

geturchiru

Disciple
Hi,
I got a new lumia 920 from FK today and when I start to power it up nothing came up. I plugged in the charger and tried and it still did not power up. I hear a sound when I plug the charger and nothing after that. When I keep pressing the power button, the screen is lit with a very very dim light(can be seen only in darkness) and stays that way until I press the power key again after which it goes off completely (similar to lock/unlock except that nothing on the screen). sim is not inserted yet. I tried booting up after charging for an hour after removing the charger but no go. I raised a complaint with FK and CC told that some technician will follow up. Meanwhile any of you guys heard or faced this type of issue please help.
Thanks

Press and hold the Volume down and Power buttons together for 10-15 seconds or until the phone vibrates, see if that helps

@geturchiru

You are probably not the only person who is facing issues with the Nokia Lumia 920 bought from FK during their Diwali sale. Two people from my company got the same mobile and both developed display issues in just 1 day or so.
They are speculating flipkart sold them defective handsets in their stupid Diwali sale.
Did flipkart take this opportunity to offload defective 920 handsets to unsuspecting customers ?

@mithun,
Tried that hard reset procedure. still no luck.
@raksrules
may be problem is with that batch of manufacturing that FK is trying to offload. I don't see any other reason as it is sealed box. what did your colleagues do to resolve the issue. I'm thinking I should just get a refund and leave this

^ Yes. I did contact them. I'll wait for their replacement and see how that goes. If that fails too, I'll cancel the order(I guess I can do that if the replacement fails). I suspect their whole batch of inventory might be having issues.
@raksrules, Mine was delivered from Kolkata branch and its 2013 March import. what about your colleagues?

i had faced same issue with lumia 620, it refused to boot , when pluging the charger ery dim light came like urs
what i did is i cleaned the contact surface of battery with pointed metal object and scrubed metal prongs which touch battery with scissors rough side and then touch all the battery contact surface with my tounge and it felt sour in taste(jib satana battery me) TADA it worked for me, the phone came back to life after being dead for more than a day and its working perfectly till now.

What if the port gets damaged somehow when using the metal prongs or whatever it is.
Out of the box the phone should ideally not have issues and if it has then the company should replace it.

Flipkart was not able to fix the problem and they refunded the amount as the same color is OOS now. Missed a good deal of 15% cashback and at 21.5K. Missed the amazon deal too :(
Thanks guys for the help and suggestions

Everybody who ordered a 920 on FK have got a dead phone.

Can not agree. A friend of mine & his boss, both bought it from FK together. They are working fine for 4 days now. They may or may not develop issue is due course of time but out of the box, both are working perfect.

Could we not have gone to Nokia and asked for a replacment? They should be more than happy since it would still mean more SKUs are sold.

Back