Luminous cruze+ 2kva, low voltage

rajil.s

Adept
Hello,

I have a Luminous Cruze+ 2kva inverter which has mostly been working fine. I have noticed that at low voltage 199-203V, the inverter stops taking in feed from AC and instead starts using the battery. I am not sure if my unit is faulty or this is expected. Anybody aware of this?

PS: There is a bypass switch at the back of the Inverter and it is set to OFF. Also, there is a Regulated/Unregulated switch, which is set to regulated.

Last edited:
Yes, exact same problem with Microtek inverter. It was a relay circuit problem as the microtek service technician told. Also the switch at the back did not help either when switched to regulated and unregulated. It acted as same and switched on the battery mode when there was a low voltage problem. I'm still having the problem once in a while when the inverter switches to battery mode automatically when there is AC power. The technician told to install a stabilizer but I told him that they need to do some R&D with their inverter technology to regulate the battery charging if the power drops around 200V. I'm thinking of buying an inverter which will charge with low voltage but not sure which is a good one.

Good to hear that. Microtek has standard and narrow mode. Narrow being UPS mode and Standard being inverter mode. Changing in either mode did not help the inverter from switching to battery. Probably needs a board replacement but I think I need to buy a new 2Kva inverter now. I had a Su-kam 2Kva inverter but since the company closed down and service was becoming a problem I had to move to microtek.

Back