WTB m.2 2242 PCIe NVMe dual-cut SSD (512 or 256GB)

Kilroyquasar

4 seconds, inhale; 4 seconds, exhale.
Skilled
hello,

looking for one of these rare SSDs for my thinkpad T480 laptop. needs to be PCIe interface one. one of the models which were available earlier was WD SN520. if anyone by chance has one of these & wishes to sell, then please let me know.

thanks!

@Kilroyquasar
+ you might need to cut the B-key from the socket to force it accepting the M-keyed SSD.

With that said, for T480, it would be better to replace the existing SATA HDD caddy with an official NVMe M.2 caddy (part number: 01AX994 or 02DL692) and the connector cable with a NVMe compatible one (part number: 00UR496), IMHO. Not only you can use regular 2280 SSDs in that way, but you can also avoid thermal as well as PCIe bandwidth throttling.

Last edited:
hello,

looking for one of these rare SSDs for my thinkpad T480 laptop. needs to be PCIe interface one. one of the models which were available earlier was WD SN520. if anyone by chance has one of these & wishes to sell, then please let me know.

thanks!
I do have a evm 1tb 2230 ssd. 1 week old with 5 yrs warranty. It works fine with my office laptop but not with steamdeck. If interested dm me.

@Kilroyquasar

+ you might need to cut the B-key from the socket to force it accepting the M-keyed SSD.

With that said, for T480, it would be better to replace the existing SATA HDD caddy with an official NVMe M.2 caddy (part number: 01AX994 or 02DL692) and the connector cable with a NVMe compatible one (part number: 00UR496), IMHO. Not only you can use regular 2280 SSDs in that way, but you can also avoid thermal as well as PCIe bandwidth throttling.

thanks for this! i was already wondering if anything like that is possible & doable. will give it a proper read.
i do have an NVMe caddy & the connector & a 2280 SSD in place like that. i am hoping to have an SSD in the WWAN slot which i'd use as boot-drive, and replace the existing one with a higher capacity HDD/SSD.
thanks for this! i was already wondering if anything like that is possible & doable. will give it a proper read.
i do have an NVMe caddy & the connector & a 2280 SSD in place like that. i am hoping to have an SSD in the WWAN slot which i'd use as boot-drive, and replace the existing one with a higher capacity HDD/SSD.

was also wondering if there's any adapter-kind of thing also possibly available? and just found out that there is.
@Titokhan

Last edited:
Back