Storage Solutions M.2 standoff and screw

Titokhan

Disciple
Well, not exactly a storage solution thingy, but related.

Helping a relative with the PC upgrade journey and now I'm stuck with the missing M.2 standoffs (as well as screws, but those can be arranged at least). The model of the motherboard is the ASUS PRIME H270M-PLUS; the original box was long-lost, hence using the OEM one isn't an option. Found a couple of listings on Amazon (example), but the pricing is literally outrageous.

If any of you guys have 2 (two) such spare standoffs+screws and are ready to ship, I'll be extremely happy to bear the expenses. Alternatively, point me to an online store where I can buy them for a reasonable price.

Attachments

• ASUS M.2 missing standoff.jpg
    ASUS M.2 missing standoff.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 123
  • M.2 standoff and screw.jpg
    M.2 standoff and screw.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 139
Unless somebody gives an extra screw because it happened to me once for my laptop but I was fortunate to get my screws as my mother sweeped them from under from computer table.

Again for my last motherboard m.2 screw I got a replacement since I got another set when I RMAed my MSI mobo.

You need to ask the Asus RMA center for another set of M.2 screws. I think they might help you with that. Try once.

@rsaeon

Thanks a lot! Dropped them a mail to confirm. Perhaps I could visit the shop this weekend during my trip to Kolkata and pick them up.

@SunnyBoi

Nice! A similar kit has been suggested by a DIY local guy as well, but the whole set might be a bit overkill for just two standoffs. Nonetheless, it's a viable second option.

@c052463

Looks like so, and unfortunately it's not suitable for my case.

10Set-Hand-Tool-Mounting-Stand-Off-Screw-Hex-Nut-for-A-SUS-M-2-SSD-Motherboard.jpg_Q90.jpg_.webp

Nonetheless, thanks for the effort, really appreciate it. :)

I've got extra m.2 screws, searched for standoffs but those are motherboard standoffs.
If you like I can ship m.2 screws but it's better to buy it with standoff's for compatibility reason.

Last edited:
Back