Have you provided two pics?
  1. Yes
Remaining Warranty Period
6 months
Invoice Available?
Yes
Reason for Sale
Not comfortable with Mac OS, Need money for gaming PC
Hi friends, putting my Mac Mini M1 up for sale. Bought it in March after hearing a lot about the M1 chip. And while the chip itself lives up to my expectation, the Mac OS has been a bit difficult for me to use.

As I had heard, the machine is fast. I have an 11th gen i5 NUC and an PC with Ryzen 5 5600 and the M1 beats them hands down in single threaded performance. Just for reference, I have a Python library where the test suite runs in 4.2 seconds on the M1 and 5.6 seconds on the i5 1135G7 (NUC). App launches are also pretty fast. The Mac is ready for use in under 5 seconds and most apps launch instantly.

My main issue was with Mac OS where I was having to make more adjustments than I had anticipated. A lot of things just don't work the way I'm used to. And since I use a Windows PC for work as well, the transition has proved particularly annoying as I'm having to constantly readjust the keyboard shortcuts etc. in my head for common tasks.

That said, it's a great machine for the price. I will go so far as to say that there's no small form factor PC which is as much value for money as this one.

Lastly, I also recently bought a gaming PC and I was due to sell either the Mac or the NUC to make for the expenses of that machine. And I finally decided to sell the Mac.

Attachments

• invoice.jpg
    invoice.jpg
    295.6 KB · Views: 717
  • MMM3.jpg
    MMM3.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 515
  • MMM2.jpg
    MMM2.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 412
  • MMM1.jpg
    MMM1.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 379
  • warranty.png
    warranty.png
    694.4 KB · Views: 394
  • config.png
    config.png
    442.4 KB · Views: 578
Putting this up for sale again at 38k. This is hardly getting used and I'd rather get rid of it than let it die of disuse.

Adding an updated image.

Physical condition is largely same, except for a little bit of dust build-up, which I'll clean as thoroughly as possible. Can share more images if anyone wants. As of now, it's kept in a tight spot, so not taking it out.

Just to reiterate, updated price is 38k, slightly negotiable for quick sale.

Attachments

• MM 2023-10-16.jpg
    MM 2023-10-16.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 439
Brand new M2 Mac Mini 8GB/256 is available at Rs.49,999 after a student discount. The price at which you are trying to sell your device with an older processor which is out of warranty and 1.5 years old is on the higher side.

Last edited:
Brand new M2 Mac Mini 8GB/256 is available at Rs.49,999 after a student discount. The price at which you are trying to sell your device with an older processor which is out of warranty and 1.5 years old is on the higher side.
Keepthe discussion of the price in DM. Don't spoil someone's trading thread.

Also The performance difference is about 15-20% between M1 and M2 infact M1 has better SSD speeds almost 2 times than M2.

Just because a product is bit old does not mean it is ready to be sold at throwaway price.

Just my 2cent.

Last edited:
Try to keep discussion of the price in DM.
Don't spoil someone's trading thread.

Also The performance difference is about 15-20% between M1 and M2 infact M1 has better SSD speeds almost 2 times than M2.

Just because a product is bit old does not mean it is ready to be sold at throwaway price.

Just my 2cent.
It's not the M2 ssd speed its just how they used nand chips to force you to buy higher capacity version.

Try to keep discussion of the price in DM.
Don't spoil someone's trading thread.

Just my 2cent.

I did my due diligence. You can do the same from your side
Another point I would like to add is even though the CPU performance difference between the M1 and M2 chip is a mere 20%, the real difference comes in Metal scores. M1 chip with 8 Core GPU scores 31866 while M2 chip with 10 Core GPU scores 45527. That's a 40% difference alone. So to summarize, the M2 chip is ahead in both CPU and GPU performance from M1, while M1 is ahead in terms of SSD speed.

Last edited:
Brand new M2 Mac Mini 8GB/256 is available at Rs.49,999 after a student discount.
Afaik, student discount is 10% and can't be combined with card discounts. But even if I'm wrong, given the life of Macs, a ~25% discount seems reasonable to me. It was a bit unfortunate for me that Apple reduced the price of the base model M2 by 5k as compared to M1. So my loss is actually bigger.

Nevertheless, I'm messaging you. Let's see if we can agree on a price.

Still Available, for 37k now

Last edited:
Afaik, student discount is 10% and can't be combined with card discounts. But even if I'm wrong, given the life of Macs, a ~25% discount seems reasonable to me. It was a bit unfortunate for me that Apple reduced the price of the base model M2 by 5k as compared to M1. So my loss is actually bigger.

Nevertheless, I'm messaging you. Let's see if we can agree on a price.

Still Available, for 37k now
Interested. Kindly Check PM!

To anyone buying this product for around 35K, just want to make people aware that the new Mac Mini M2 is available for 49K.

Refer to the attached screenshots.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-04 at 4.54.00 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-04 at 4.54.00 PM.png
    258.4 KB · Views: 166
To anyone buying this product for around 35K, just want to make people aware that the new Mac Mini M2 is available for 49K.

Refer to the attached screenshots.
You should keep that in mind when selling your 2014 Core i5 model for 25K with no invoice or warranty, the same price that you offered @gourav , and then left him negative feedback just because he called you out on pricing hypocrisy:

Back