Mac OS Mac OS X 10.7(Lion)

Don't you all people ever try and look beyond what has been said in a press conference? Do you think if Apple has some "ulterior motives" for bringing App Store to Mac, they will spell in out in a room full of media? Be skeptical and especially of a company

Or is Cult Of Jobs is true, alive and growing in numbers? There are many good things about Macs but that doesn't mean they always play nice or Steve Jobs is the god! You folks are looking at a product and I am looking at the concept... Concept of App store on a computer is no good for users

hatter said:
Don't you all people ever try and look beyond what has been said in a press conference? Do you think if Apple has some "ulterior motives" for bringing App Store to Mac, they will spell in out in a room full of media? Be skeptical and especially of a company

Or is Cult Of Jobs is true, alive and growing in numbers? There are many good things about Macs but that doesn't mean they always play nice or Steve Jobs is the god! You folks are looking at a product and I am looking at the concept... Concept of App store on a computer is no good for users
To each, his own! I, for one, think its a wonderful idea! There are so many small developers developing awesome apps for OS X! But they never get the kind of media coverage they deserve to reach the audience. Discovering such apps, in most cases, is very difficult! The AppStore is going to allow users to know those awesome little apps which always existed but never knew they did! Ofcourse, this is all subject to the terms that dictate what gets accepted and rejected on the AppStore! We will know more about it when it actually launches in January 2011!

I understand your concerns, but I think you're either misinterpreting it or misquoting it.... The Concept of App Store on computer is good for both users and developers, I think what you are concerned about is the end execution. Will it be like on Mobile devices? Will it end up being the only way to acquire applications on desktop? If yes, then will the app store restrictions end desktop freedom?

I understand being skeptic when it comes to trusting a company and to some extent I agree with that mentality (I myself have been trying to stop involving Google too much in my online life). But I don't think all your fears regarding the App Store are entirely correct. Desktop is a completely different market segment compared to mobile. Even though on superficial level Mobile devices are getting quite functional for our small needs, both the markets run on entirely different philosophies, both hardware and software-wise. There are established channels and methods are getting applications on desktop, but there haven't been such channels for mobile, even when smartphones had strong Symbian base. Sure there were websites to find Symbian apps, but none as convenient as App Store. The convenience for users and developers was the key to success for App Store on iOS, regardless it's restrictions and absurd rules & regulations (many of which are being rectified and App Store is slowly loosening up).

I do, and I believe you, they are building a closed ecosystem which will be akin to jail !! or iJail as I call it.
Steve jobs already stated before in an interview that the apple ecosystem will take out pron from itself and he will do anything to achieve that.
building a monopoly.. that is what it is.
soon he will have people only eat and drink and wear what he thinks is approved..
iClothes, iFood and iDrink..
hatter said:

Back