Budget 51-70k Macbook Air 4GB Or Macbook Pro 8GB - 13'inch

destructor

Recruit
I was in the midst of finalizing MBA (4gb only) model available in India with 128gb SSD (Price range 50- 60k) until my friend suggested me to go for MBP 8gb Ram 128gb SSD (Price range 80-90k), as per him chance of MBA slowing down in 2-3 years time is more and it might loose up the speed drastically. Hence I have started looking for MBP mentioned model.

My usage would be torrent downloads, youtube, internet surfing, some document downloads related to work and photo viewing. i prefer watching movies on TV, hence macbook would be barely used.
Daily usage would be around 8 hours. Storage is not a problem, since I have 2TB WD external HDD.

Could you help me finalize on one of it. Thanks in Advance!

Another doubt I have is - Will the excel, ppt or word prepared and sent on mac will be compatible to use it for windows user. Is Microsoft office available on Mac ? or it is Mac's own software.

If you have the budget and have no problem in the heavier/thicker form factor of MBP, why not go for it ? Since RAM is not upgradable on Macbooks.
And MS Office 2011 is available for Mac but I believe Mac users use iWork suite (which is free BTW vs Office 2011 which is paid).

I was in the midst of finalizing MBA (4gb only) model available in India with 128gb SSD (Price range 50- 60k) until my friend suggested me to go for MBP 8gb Ram 128gb SSD (Price range 80-90k), as per him chance of MBA slowing down in 2-3 years time is more and it might loose up the speed drastically. Hence I have started looking for MBP mentioned model.

My usage would be torrent downloads, youtube, internet surfing, some document downloads related to work and photo viewing. i prefer watching movies on TV, hence macbook would be barely used.
Daily usage would be around 8 hours. Storage is not a problem, since I have 2TB WD external HDD.

Could you help me finalize on one of it. Thanks in Advance!

Another doubt I have is - Will the excel, ppt or word prepared and sent on mac will be compatible to use it for windows user. Is Microsoft office available on Mac ? or it is Mac's own software.
Torrent and SSD won't play nice.

@OP You are really making an electronic purchase based on a 3/4 year outlook? From your requirements, opt for the MBA over the MBP. As for torrents, you can configure your torrent client to write to an external disk. Save on those 25k-30k :)

Back